16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Rizzini F.A.I.R. Iside SxS
rkittine
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:15 am  Reply with quote

So, thanks to another member here, I was able to replace my screwed up Dickenson Custom Shop order with a F.A.I.R. Rizzini Iside SxS in the same configuration that I had ordered through the Custom Shop at Dickenson - Straight English Stock, Single Trigger, 28" Barrels and screw in chokes and for just a little less in cost $1,845.00 for the Rizzinni compared to $2,150.00 for the Dickenson.

Seems they only offer 5 chokes in 16 gauge for these. Cyl, IC, Mod, IM and Full. It comes with the first three, so I ordered an extra Cyl so I could play with it on the Skeet field. Anyone know if anyone makes a SK choke for this gun?

Anyone have any experience with them? Comments? I have not received it yet, but should show up at my local FFL holders soon.

Thanks, Bob

16 Gauge O/U Browning 525 Sporting
16 Gauge SxS Rizzini Islide
16 Gauge Pump Browning BPS Upland
16 Gauge Semi-Auto Remington 1100 Sporting
Riflemeister
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:40 am  Reply with quote

I just checked Trulock because I got some Fausti chokes from them earlier this year, but nothing on the 16 ga Fausti. In the past, I've had Briley manufacture tubes using one of the existing tubes as a pattern. That may be what you will have to do to get Skeet chokes.

16'er
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:54 am  Reply with quote

You might get a gunsmith to open an existing IC or Mod choke for far less than a complete fabrication?

Last edited by 16'er on Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
double vision
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:20 am  Reply with quote

rkittine wrote:
So, thanks to another member here, I was able to replace my screwed up Dickenson Custom Shop order with a F.A.I.R. Rizzini Iside SxS in the same configuration that I had ordered through the Custom Shop at Dickenson - Straight English Stock, Single Trigger, 28" Barrels and screw in chokes and for just a little less in cost $1,845.00 for the Rizzinni compared to $2,150.00 for the Dickenson.

Seems they only offer 5 chokes in 16 gauge for these. Cyl, IC, Mod, IM and Full. It comes with the first three, so I ordered an extra Cyl so I could play with it on the Skeet field. Anyone know if anyone makes a SK choke for this gun?

Anyone have any experience with them? Comments? I have not received it yet, but should show up at my local FFL holders soon.

Thanks, Bob

Sounds like a nice gun and what a competitor for the Dickinson! I had a Dickinson 16 and after I had the triggers lightened there wasn't much to complain about. Nice gun! Now with the Italian made Iside out there it's a new game. Does the Iside come with 30" barrels?
rkittine
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:42 am  Reply with quote

I don't know if they have 30" barrels available or not. Since there appears to be 5 different iterations of Rizzini, I am not even sure which Rizzini actual made this gun.

I bought it through John Boyd, owner of Quality Arms in Houston, so he should know.

Bob

byrdog
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:02 am  Reply with quote

Bob I finally got my Dickenson Estate 28ga it took 14 months but I have to say it was worth the wait. This will be my easy carry grouse gun. 24" barrels semi pistol grip double triggs . the Finnish is rubbed oil on marble cake figured walnut cast off stock deep blue/gray case color lovely detail engraving. cost was $2300.00 for a 4.9 lb gun.

If you take Cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like Prunes than Rhubarb does ----G.M/
Ray-citori
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:22 pm  Reply with quote

Fair- I Rizzini Iside Prestige - 16ga. 30" choke tubes. Here is a really nice 16ga side by side by a great Italian maker! The receiver of this gun has side-plates with an attractive coin finish. The engraving is a game scene with additional scroll accents. If you enjoy a 16ga upland gun, this is a nice one. A traditional game gun with double triggers, straight stock and a splinter forearm. The wood on this gun is done in a hand rubbed oil finish. A true 16ga. frame too! Other pictures on request. Cased. New. (1 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 15 * 6 lb 7 oz)
picture#1 | picture#2 | picture#3 | picture#4
Gun #LL-17-07
$2,795
www.qualityarms.com
I have no affiliation, I bought my 28Ga. from him
skeettx
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:25 pm  Reply with quote

Gun #LL-17-07

Yes!!! Nice gun

Mike

Cold Iron
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:37 pm  Reply with quote

rkittine wrote:
I don't know if they have 30" barrels available or not. Since there appears to be 5 different iterations of Rizzini, I am not even sure which Rizzini actual made this gun.

I bought it through John Boyd, owner of Quality Arms in Houston, so he should know.

Bob

There are 4 Rizzini gun manufactures with Rizzini in the name, and all are related. They are located in Gardone Val Trompia, Italy in the Swiss Alps. There are other gun companies there too, 40% of the small arms world wide comes from that little town of 10K people.

Yours is a F.A.I.R. or Fabbrica Armi Isidoro Rizzini. Often referred to as I. Rizzini for Isadoro Rizzini. His brother Battista Rizzini owns the B. Rizzini company of course. And their nephews left the fold and formed Caesar Guerini.

I own 2 B. Rizzini and 2 F.A.I.R. guns. One of the F.A.I.R. guns is a 16 ga. and a true purple cow, has both 28" and 30" barrels. And they are stacked properly.

The choke tubes on the older F.A.I.R. 16 ga. guns are compatible with the Verona LX style. FAIR made the Veorna for the US Market through BC Outdoors. However the newer FAIR guns have the Technichoke system and not sure if they are compatible or not, I don't believe they are. They do not offer them in skeet for the 16 ga.

If anyone knows John would. The FAIR is now imported through The Italian Firearms Group in Texas and I have talked to them several times. I was told by one of the owners that John Boyd knows more about the 16 ga. Italian guns than anyone in the US. John also sells the B. Rizzini line of guns too by the way.

You could contact John and see what is available if anyone knows he would. Briley is not a bad option I used them for thinwalls on my Ithaca 37 RVD. One thing Briley will do that few others do is bore match your chokes. Bores can and often do vary by a few thousands. My F.A.I.R. 16 ga. does and I have 9 choke tubes for it and the constriction is different based on the barrel it is in. I think getting a pair of IC chokes and have them opened to .004, relative to bore diameter, is a good idea. I think sending it to Briley and getting custom chokes bore matched is a great idea.

Good luck with your new gun, and hope you enjoy it. I'd shoot a few rounds of skeet with it first and see what you think about the IC that it comes with. But if it was me I'd get .004 chokes for skeet. Wait, I do. And .006. For the FAIR in 16 ga. of course.
rkittine
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:45 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks Guys, It is John Boyd that I purchased the gun from. Bob

UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:16 pm  Reply with quote

Please let us know how you like it when you receive it. I was considering one as an all around clays gun, but was turned off by the lack of a long tang trigger guard, which looks weird to me on a straight grip. I'm sure I could lengthen the existing tang, but I'd hate to spend that much on a new gun and have to modify it right away. Confused

The man's prayer from the Red Green Show: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to. I guess."
rkittine
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:50 am  Reply with quote

I will post pictures and a report as soon as it arrives and I have had some time to shoot it. I will try both Cy;/Cyl and Cly/IC on the Skeet field before I worry about it. Its a fun gun anyway and I would not try to use it to shoot any registered targets.

Bob