16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  HW13 price increase
mcrewz
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:12 pm  Reply with quote

I received a phone call from Bucks Run stating there is going to be. price increase in HW13 #6 and #2 from $235 to $255 for 10lbs. The guy said the $235 price will be good for today and tomorrow if you let them know of the voice mail you received. If you planned on getting some now is probably a good time.

Mike
Dave In AZ
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:45 pm  Reply with quote

Thx Mike. Good info... I might order some just because. Here's some additional info though, for guys who are trying to get the most for their cash.

While I do like the RSI HW13 #6, and have like 30lbs of it, I no longer think it is "the best value for HW". My thinking has changed a bit with the advent of good bismuth shot from Rotometals and Zipmetals.

The main reason is this: all my density tests for the HW13#6 are between 11.99 g/cc. Other reliable technical guys like toasty have gotten less, 11.6 or so. While that is still a decent density, 12g/cc for $26/lb or so shipped is no longer the best value.

BPI has "Sphero tungsten" which measures out at a true 15.0 g/cc, for $30/lb right now on sale. It's #7, which at 15g/cc is a much more lethal pellet than a #6 12g/cc pellet. For only $4 more a pound, I get 3g/cc better density-- I think that's worth it.

Also, the Rotometals bismuth at 9.6 g/cc comes in two excellent sizes for waterfowl, #4 and #5 which should get 50 yds and 40 yds with good lethality. You can get this shot for about $16/lb, it just about perfectly fills up 20 and 16ga wads to the perfect payloads, and best of all it's soft and can be shot safely out of older 16ga guns-- so it's really getting the "nod" in the 16ga arena for me.