16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Reloading the black Remington hull
CitoriFeather16
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:11 pm  Reply with quote

I also agree with cutting down the length of the hull. No harm, no foul, and no confetti. I will give credit where credit is due and give thanks to 16GG for the efforts on getting us the R16. (Does anybody know when the next batch is going to be ready?) It's the best wad for the RGL hull.

I believe that the new wad Charles is designing is best used with the straight walled hull such as the Cheddites. Kuddos to him also as we will now have another great option for reloading our favorite gauge!

Matt
SageRat
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:25 pm  Reply with quote

I am kind of late to the party. I have been loading the Gualandi 1 oz wad from Grafs for a number of years. I am about finished with my second case of 5000 wads. Now I do not know if they are different than those sold by Ballistics Products, but I have been loading them in the black Remington case for many years. I use 17 grains of Rex II or Gd and have no bulges or cocked wad problems at all with 7/8 oz loads.

I have heard others say that the 1-1 1/8oz Gulandi wads were for straight walled cases and would bulge the remington case. I have loaded the Remington cases up to a dozen times so I don't seem to have the same problem as everyone else.