16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  FS William Powell & Son 16 Gauge Lovely Bird Gun
esetter
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:29 am  Reply with quote

From my personal collection I've decided to pass along a lovely little William Powell & Son box lock in 16 gauge. I've owned this gun for over 10 years and have hunted grouse with it so there are a few light dings in the stock but the gun is still in beautiful condition. This gun was originally sold on April 1, 1910. At some point before I bought the gun it was fully restored and new tubes put on the original block. This was done in England and as required by their law was stamped Sleeved and then reproofed to 1 ounce of shot with the original 2 1/2 inch chambers and 3 tons per square inch. This gun has 28 inch tubes, and as I said 2 1/2 inch chambers, and ejectors. Bores both measure .659 and it is choked .004 (skeet) in the right barrel, and .012 (light Modified) in the left. The gun seems to love RST 2 1/2 shells and it has taken it's share of grouse. The gun is stocked with lovely old walnut that you just can't get today and has measurements of 1 1/2 X 2 X 14 3/4 over a very well 1 inch leather covered pad. Checking is in lovely condition as you can see in the photos. It is cast off for the right hand shooter. Weight of the gun is 5 pounds 15 ounces and balance is perfect just slightly in front of the hinge pin. If you have ever thought you might want a nice small bore English double this might just be the gun for you. Take a look at the dolls head extension and the way it is fitted and you will see the quality in this gun. Price of the gun is $4300 plus $50 shipping to your FFL and as always there is a three day non-firing inspection period. The only reason I'm selling this gun is that I've started hunting with 28 gauge guns now for grouse and so this gun has just been sitting in the rack and it needs to see the sun! Contact me at esetter5@me.com with any questions you might have.

esetter
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:32 am  Reply with quote

TTT