16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  a site called KEEN Sights
16gaDavis
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:04 am  Reply with quote

I won't bore you with the why's , but I've had to change my whole way of shooting of late - very upright - mostly monte carlo stocking . This makes the rib sighting VERY low with a very high hit . Feet high ! Been using wooden ribbing to get the view closer and most of the reg guns need 3/4'' .Finally got it fairly close with the 3/4'' , so after perusing many sites , found Keen Sights . They are the ones who make the tunnel rib . Talked to them , ordered a rib I thought was right for the Red Label - 215 bucks and after 2.5 weeks have it in hand ... Beautiful ! I can either glue it to the RR or tape it onto it , my 1100's, my SX-1 etc . Beautiful !! I have played with the doubles some , and need about 1/4'' higher on those . maybe later . For now , the wood ribs are OK . I even told KS what gun the rib was mainly for , and when he milled the gaps , they line up with the studs on the gun ... Kudos to this company , very nice product !!(ps : it now costs 400 bucks + for a simmons job - these KS's can be made any size , width , height etc and just attach to you rib )

skeettx
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:08 am  Reply with quote

http://www.keensights.com/

WyoChukar
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:08 am  Reply with quote

That's good to know. I have often thought about an extra high rib to compensate for "modern" stock dimensions. I may mention this option to a friend down the street. He is 7' tall and no gun fits him right. One of these ribs would go a long way toward helping him.

16gaDavis
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:52 pm  Reply with quote

wyo , they send a tube of silicon calk/glue with the rib ... or ... a lot of guys use the double sided tape used to install rain shields etc on cars . easy peasie !! its just a matter of working out what height as they can go up to 2'' or more if needed . (widths can go to 5/8 like a broadway rib if wanted also . REALLY like the one I had made for my RR .

Cheyenne08
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:03 pm  Reply with quote

I may have slid quicker into senility that I expected, but I swear one of my rifles around here some where, has "Keen" iron sights?

Dale

...Andrew Jackson...