16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Fantastic Christmas present from my Niece
Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:43 am  Reply with quote

Gentlemen,

Everybody in our family knows how the men in our family are raised, even the girls who have no time to hunt have great respect for our way of life and what we hold dear.

This Christmas my niece gave me one of the coolest Christmas present this old Grouse hunter could have received. Having passed down our way of life to many our young family members, it makes me proud that especially the girls are understanding our way of life.

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

My Christmas present from my fantastic niece Carol.

[URL=http://www.jpgbox.com/page/55825_800x600/] [/URL]

Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers
kgb
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:50 pm  Reply with quote

Carol has learned well. Best of the new year, Dave!

skeettx
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:52 pm  Reply with quote

Smart girl Smile

Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:53 pm  Reply with quote

kgb,

Kirk thanks much, hope you and your family had a great Christmas and New Years also.

God's Speed & all the best,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

LeFever/Ithaca 12 Gauge on a 16 gauge Frame, serious Grouse killer for sure. This Grouse season we had 20" just before and during Thanksgiving. Winter wonderland and great Grouse hunting. You and Beem would have loved it. The Grouse sat tight inside 30 yards. Penny had so many Grouse points I quit counting. Almost no Woodcock this season, they moved off the mountain when the heavy snow started falling.
[URL=http://www.jpgbox.com/page/55828_800x600/] [/URL]

Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:05 pm  Reply with quote

Skeettx

Thanks for the nice comment, some day you got to make it up to Pa to due a little Grouse hunting with us! I am getting old make it soon!

All the best,

Pine Creek/Dave
[URL=http://www.jpgbox.com/page/55829_800x600/] [/URL]

wj jeffery 16
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:16 pm  Reply with quote

Great Tshirt Dave , I always love seeing the pictures of your best Grouse guns but I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to know more about your guns . It would be great to hear about the history behind these guns and the ones that have been in your family it would be great to hear a bit about the legends that hunted with these fine guns .this could be a serial for us guys to tune into and something to look forward to once the hunting season is over . All the best for the new year Dave hope this interests you WJ.
Savage16
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:31 pm  Reply with quote

What a perfect,personal gift. Did she do the artwork herself?

Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:57 pm  Reply with quote

WJ,

Having had more than one request to write about our families guns it is something to consider. However doing it would draw arguments and could undermine the forum the writing is done on, which I certainly do not want to do. These kind of people believe I brag about our guns already, when in reality it's just our families traditional way of life, here in our mountains, that I write about. I draw fire from these kind of people all the time, when I talk about our family guns, dogs and Grouse hunting traditions on the Net any where. I advise people that I believe our L.C. Smith guns were the Best guns ever made, these people do not like it, and attack me personally for saying it.

Further opening up private stories about my family might not be what they wanted to happen, many of the events were private family history, that happened with these guns. Even though many of the men and ladies have passed away, I do respect their wishes and their privacy. WJ from time to time I do relate true happenings about our guns & dogs and the hunting & Fly Fishing that is our families traditional way of life here in Potter County, Pa.

I will consider doing more of it, once I give this request some serious thought, at any rate I am humbled by your request.

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

It's not just Sport, it's our family traditional way of life, given to us by God.
[URL=http://www.jpgbox.com/page/55834_800x600/] [/URL]

Last edited by Pine Creek/Dave on Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:22 pm; edited 4 times in total

Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:32 pm  Reply with quote

Sav 16,

I thinks she may have purchased it some place on line. However she has the talent to make clothing, I will have to ask her on Friday when she visits our home.

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

wj jeffery 16
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:31 am  Reply with quote

Dave I see your point the internet probably isn't the place for it , keep hunting Dave and keep in touch all the best WJ.
Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:19 pm  Reply with quote

Sav16,

Talked to Carol on Friday, she advised me that she purchased the Legendary Grouse Hunter shirt, however did not tell me just exactly where she bought it.

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

[URL=http://www.jpgbox.com/page/55846_800x600/] [/URL]

hayseed
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:38 pm  Reply with quote

PineCreek, I too would love to read about you and your family’s experiences but understand your hesitation due to all the internet bashing. You have a lifetime of knowledge and experience. Maybe you should put the adventures in print. I’d be happy to put you on the same shelf as Burton Spiller, Havilah Babcock and Gordon Macquarrie.
Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:41 pm  Reply with quote

hayseed,

Thanks much for the incredible compliment, putting me on the same shelf as those great writers might be overly gratuitous. I appreciate the thought very much however.

I have been ask before to write a book on both our family traditional way of life, here in the Pa mountains, and my time with 2 US Presidents. Not sure if I will ever do either, due to the very private nature of both.

It is a pleasure interfacing with the men and ladies here on the 16 forum, a very civil and nice place to converse. I promise I will try to fit in more writing about our L.C. Smith guns and Pa traditional life, when appropriate to due so. Always a pleasure to talk about classic double guns, incredible gun dogs and our Potter County, Pa way of life.

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

[URL=http://www.jpgbox.com/page/55855_800x600/] [/URL]

WyoChukar
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:24 pm  Reply with quote

That's a nice gift there. It's amazing how something as simple as a novelty T-shirt can mean so much when it comes from the right source.

I respect your sentiments about your life, history, and family. It's always tough to decide what to share in public, and what not to. All things considered, stick with your gut on this, it has obviously steered you right so far.

Keep showing off the old guns. We all have our favorites and that's fine and dandy. If a man isn't proud enough of his gun to defend his admiration for it, then it probably isn't all that special to him in the first place. Of the L.C. Smith guns, I really like the earlier engraving patterns that are displayed on some of yours. Very nice.

Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:37 pm  Reply with quote

WyoChukar,

Thanks much for the nice comments and I do have a tendency to write about our L.C. Smith guns along with a few J.P. Sauer and LeFevers. Different people like different guns and conversations can get heated due to the pride people have in their own guns. I try my best to never undermine the forum by insulting another mans choice of weapon. I do tease a lot however, my generation has always done that to hunters using O/U and Semi-Auto guns, especially in the Grouse woods. Which is ok unless it starts to degrade the forum with to many personal insults. I have definitely retaliated when I have been personally attacked on different forums, personal insults never help a forum in any way however.

I am grateful that the 16 forum is so civil and respectful, it's a great forum to participate on, because of that fact. I certainly hope it remains that way forever. I have more than a few good 16 gauge guns I use for bird hunting, I will try to fit them into some of the conversations that the members start.

I do hope that I add to the enjoyment and education here on the 16 forum.

Thanks for the nice compliments.

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

There are many Best Shotguns, just none better than the L.C. Smith.
[URL=http://www.jpgbox.com/page/55870_800x600/] [/URL]