16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Herters on sale
1stgun
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:19 pm  Reply with quote

Message sent.

Chuck

putz463
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:02 am  Reply with quote

Hmmm....Is it knowable if BP would rebrand the Herters line under the Redhead (or another in-house) brand? Seems plausible since (assuming) they already have the contract w/Ched, the distribution network/infrastructure and would simply have to print different boxes once the Herters inventory is absorbed/depleted by market. Maybe direct some energy in that direction as well??

Not sure Midway could negotiate/promise the volume of this (possible loss leader) product line and keep retail prices the same as Cabela's/BP.

Dogchaser37
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:15 am  Reply with quote

If Herter’s 12/20 ga. stuff wasn’t profitable enough for Bass Pro/Cabela’s, it is doubtful that a much smaller company such as BP or Midway could make it into a winner, especially 16 Gauge.

I love the gauge but realistically, it is a loser from a business point of view.

16gaDavis
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:48 am  Reply with quote

agree from the bizz stand point Mark . Never know where some products stand from that view pt. Got to believe it looked good when they ventured in .... #4 lb Garcia Royal Bonnyl - best damn fishing line ever as far as I'm concerned . Cabelas became the owner of the name/license now - it died into the abiss also .

CitoriFeather16
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:45 am  Reply with quote

Dust off your reloader's Boys.

Matt
df
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:09 pm  Reply with quote

My 16 ga sizemaster gets a lot of use. I only buy factory loads to get the empties.
I have several flats of Herters loads and 100s of those empties. I’m good for a long time.
df
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:09 pm  Reply with quote

My 16 ga sizemaster gets a lot of use. I only buy factory loads to get the empties.
I have several flats of Herters loads and 100s of those empties. I’m good for a long time.
hayseed
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:20 pm  Reply with quote

All I know is I’ve got 19 flats of Herters and 1 of Remington game loads so if there are no reasonably priced shells after I’ve shot all these, I’ll have 5000 empties to reload.
skeettx
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:43 pm  Reply with quote

Answer received from Midway

Dear Valued MidwayUSA Customer,

Thank you very much for your email. Due to the volume of email that he receives, Larry can't respond to each one personally and has asked that I respond on his behalf.

I apologize, but at this time I do not have any information on if MidwayUSA will have a low cost brand for 16 gauge ammunition for use in clays and dove/quail efforts. I am very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

On Behalf of Larry,
Thanks for Your Business,

Brenden
MidwayUSA Customer Support
Dogchaser37
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:36 pm  Reply with quote

Larry is a smart man!!

duckdup
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:55 pm  Reply with quote

Skeettx, got almost the exact email today.

"We appreciate your interest in regard to 16 gauge ammunition. I am sorry to hear your previous supplier discontinues this product. I will make note of your insight to help our merchandising department when reviewing our product offering. Thank you again for providing this feedback so we can continue to improve the customer experience."

An ounce of fives, the smell of nitro in paper hulls, wet gundog, and Hoppe's #9...
double vision
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:59 pm  Reply with quote

I'll send one and mention that we have 6,102 members and we're growing. Probably won't help, but there is something to throwing enough manure against the barn wall. Some of it will start to stick.
duckdup
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:10 pm  Reply with quote

If they received 6102 emails asking for an economy 16ga in a good reloadable hull, they may respond a bit more quickly. There are probably few products they sell that have 6K buyers making regular purchases...

An ounce of fives, the smell of nitro in paper hulls, wet gundog, and Hoppe's #9...
PRONGHORNSOUTH
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:53 pm  Reply with quote

Seems they are at least, reading each one.....
Not a chain letter, answer..
putz463
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:12 am  Reply with quote

Inquiry to BP Cust Service;

Hello, I'm inquiring about Herter's brand of ammunition, specifically shotgun shells. Is Bass Pro/Cabela's discontinuing this brand of shotgun ammunition? If so; is there any possibility of BP rebranding it and continuing to sell it? I hope so, it is very good target and small game ammo that is very affordably priced. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike, a 16ga Herter's ammo fan.

Response;

Mike,

Thank you for contacting basspro.com. Your business is truly appreciated. That item is out of stock and unavailable for order at this time. We expect replenishment from the manufacturer within the next 30 days, but have no guaranteed date. Please keep checking back with us online or by phone at 1-800-227-7776 for inventory availability.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We greatly value your business.

Best regards,
Jennifer
Bass Pro Shops