16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Thanks To All!
Ohio Wirehair
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:23 pm  Reply with quote

Just have to say what a pleasure it is to log on to a site populated by such a good and diversified bunch.Be it birds,bunnies,squirrels or clays' there's always someone ready to share a story or advice.Folks talk about their favorite gun,load,dog or game without the bravado so often found on many other sites. I understand this site is in a kind of limbo so a special thanks to those who keep it running so smoothly. It's the last place I visit at night so that I may close my laptop on a positive note. Carry on Gentlemen and goodnight.

Mike
eng-pointer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:32 pm  Reply with quote

One of the few civilized forums left. Glad to be here! Sometimes I get the hankering to spout off some BS of my own design or some talking heads but I remember how pleasant this forum is and restrain myself! This group is a good role model for self control.

James

"My degree of optimism is negotiated daily" Bill Snyder, Former Head Football Coach, Kansas State University
3birddogs
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:47 am  Reply with quote

AMEN!!

Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:47 pm  Reply with quote

Ohio Wirehair,

We definitely think in the same manner, I visit the 16 gauge forum to see how everyone is doing and then close my lap top and go to bed. Love to end my day on a very positive note, with our great 16 Gauge Forum.

Always a pleasure gentlemen,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man
[URL=http://www.jpgbox.com/page/56138_800x600/] [/URL]

Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers
df
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:24 pm  Reply with quote

Maybe part of the reason for the civility here is age. Most of us that enjoy the 16 ga were around when it was much more popular and common.
And with age generally comes more wisdom and less tendency for adversarial discussion.
Cheyenne08
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:54 pm  Reply with quote

df wrote:
Maybe part of the reason for the civility here is age. Most of us that enjoy the 16 ga were around when it was much more popular and common.
And with age generally comes more wisdom and less tendency for adversarial discussion.

+ 1, MOST of us older "Gentlemen" have raised enough hell in our youth, it's time to settle down a BIT, and have honest discourses among like minded folks, I enjoy this site everyday even though my hunting days are over, I still enjoy putting my two cents worth in when I can. Wink

Dale

...Andrew Jackson...
duckdup
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:35 pm  Reply with quote

Ditto on both the thank-you and it's the last page viewed before shutting down comments echoed here.

The 16ga info is why I asked to join; the civil dialog is a much appreciated bonus.

Good-night...
--Doug

An ounce of fives, the smell of nitro in paper hulls, wet gundog, and Hoppe's #9...
hayseed
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:44 am  Reply with quote

I would hope that anyone that shoots a classic round such as the 16 gauge would conduct themselves with the class befitting this gauge and the fine firearms representing it. This site and its members represent it well.
wahoo
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:59 am  Reply with quote

I too appreciate the tolerance found here of my ignorant ramblings, and clumsy efforts at getting smarter. Hope y’all hang around for a long time to come.

1949 Stevens 530 16ga SxS 28"
1950 Stevens 311A 12ga SxS 30"
1952 BRNO 12ga SxS 28.25"
1963 Superposed O/U 12ga 27"
1968 V Bernardelli SxS 12ga 28"
Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:38 pm  Reply with quote

Gentlemen,

I have to admit when I walk up to a bird hunter in the woods or fields one of the 1st things I do is look at the man or ladies gun, to identify just what gun the bird hunter is using.

Most times when I see that the bird hunter carries a 16 gauge gun, I tend to mentally relax a little more. Most are friendly and knowledgeable sportsman. A few have joined the 16 gauge forum, which I recommend when meeting them in the woods or fields.

Having been on some really nasty sports forums, I try very hard to recommend the 16 forum to knowledgable civil shooting sportsman. Yes many of these sportsman are mature hunters, however even the younger hunters who carry the 16 gauge seem to be more civil and well mannered, especially when they are hunting with their Father and Grandfather. These young gentlemen and ladies are learning to bird hunt correctly, and we need them here on the 16 forum.

The 16 forum is a top shelf Shooting Sportsman venue, because of the kind members we have here already.

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Last edited by Pine Creek/Dave on Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

WyoChukar
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:43 pm  Reply with quote

There is a reason that this is the only forum I am still an active member of, and it's been mentioned above!

Chukar60
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:23 am  Reply with quote

I have not been here long, but really enjoy the forum. Civility being the number one reason.
I can find lots of the info shared here by combing the internet. Difference is that it is shared here with a sense of camaraderie that is unparalleled.
The diverse nature of the information and people is wonderful.
I guide bird hunters and like Pinecreek one of the first things I look at when new guests arrive at the ranch is what they are shooting. We see very few 16’s here so I am pleasantly surprised to see one when it arrives.
I am luckier than most guides. In 8 years of doing this I have met a lot of high quality sportsman and only had to deal with a couple hard noses.
I have not seen one post on this forum that would cause me to hesitate to share the field with any member here, and that is saying a lot for a group of this size and diversity.

Last edited by Chukar60 on Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
gjw
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:49 am  Reply with quote

Yes indeed, thanks to everyone who has made this such a great forum! It really is nice to log on and not have to go thru all the personal crap like on other forums. You folks are some of the most kind and generous folks on the net. This forum and the Upland Journal Forum are the best IMO.

Sad to say that one of the other forums (the DGBBS) has now turned into a constant pissing match between people, hijacked threads and sometimes down right hate. So let's keep this forum clean and civil.

Thanks again all!

God Bless!

Greg

BarkeyVA
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:28 am  Reply with quote

After hunting mostly with 12 ga shotguns for 50 years, I found this site in March 2008 shortly after I got my first 16 ga, a Marlin Model 90 with 26" barrels, Now, that first Model 90 is my favorite upland hunting gun, and this forum is the only one I check daily.

I do check the other forums from time to time but only if I can't find the answer to a particular question here.

I fould this site shortly after I go

Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:10 pm  Reply with quote

BarkeyVA,

We do have a wealth of knowledge here in the 16 Forum, 99% of the time if it's a gun or hunting related question one of us will have the answer you need. There are men here who have been hunting for over 50 years, we pass our knowledge along without hesitation. All somebody needs to do is ask the question. No question is foolish, everybody learns, even the old timers. It one of great advantages of belonging to the 16 Forum.

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Click on picture to enlarge.
[URL=http://www.jpgbox.com/page/56270_800x600/] [/URL]