16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Rizzini Iside Vintage
UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:45 pm  Reply with quote

I was noticing on the Rizzini website that they also make an Iside Vintage sxs hammer gun, but only in 20ga. I sent them an e-mail asking if one could be special ordered in 16ga, or 12ga. Will let everyone know what I find out. As an ffl holder, I've never imported a gun directly, so I'm also wondering if I could do that. Interesting.

The man's prayer from the Red Green Show: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to. I guess."
16'er
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:58 pm  Reply with quote

Keep us posted...
UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:09 pm  Reply with quote

It only comes in 20 or 28ga. They can do two barrel sets also.

The man's prayer from the Red Green Show: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to. I guess."
double vision
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:44 pm  Reply with quote

Don't forget the long tang! (or get out your welder)
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:05 am  Reply with quote

In a thread back in December-
http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21781&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Last post at the bottom:

Todd wrote:

I shoot an Iside Vintage hammer double ( in 20), in fact my partner and I are the reason that particular shotgun exists, but that is a another story.
Luca Rizzinii had such a great response that FAIR is actually bringing it out in a 16 and a 28 as well as adding the 20 to their regular line up.
The 2200 was originally only a one hundred gun run to see what the response was.
I have several seasons of hard shooting through my 20, steel and lead, in goose blinds and the pheasant fields as well as skeet and trap.
Fantastic SxS!

Cat

It may be worth contacting Cat and see who he worked with at FAIR and the status of the 16 ga. When I posted about a friend looking for a hammer 16 at the time only the 20 was offered. So maybe the 16 isn't too far behind the 28? Worth asking if you have that itch to scratch.
Ray-citori
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:58 am  Reply with quote

You might also call James High at IFG, he help me order my 20 gauge duck gun with 26" rather than 30 tubes
800-450-1852
UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:41 am  Reply with quote

Cold Iron wrote:
In a thread back in December-
http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21781&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Last post at the bottom:

Todd wrote:

I shoot an Iside Vintage hammer double ( in 20), in fact my partner and I are the reason that particular shotgun exists, but that is a another story.
Luca Rizzinii had such a great response that FAIR is actually bringing it out in a 16 and a 28 as well as adding the 20 to their regular line up.
The 2200 was originally only a one hundred gun run to see what the response was.
I have several seasons of hard shooting through my 20, steel and lead, in goose blinds and the pheasant fields as well as skeet and trap.
Fantastic SxS!

Cat

It may be worth contacting Cat and see who he worked with at FAIR and the status of the 16 ga. When I posted about a friend looking for a hammer 16 at the time only the 20 was offered. So maybe the 16 isn't too far behind the 28? Worth asking if you have that itch to scratch.

Thanks! I talked to someone at IFG a while ago, and only the 20 was offered at this time, but that may have changed. I'll try getting in touch with CAT.

old colonel
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:11 am  Reply with quote

Importing is not that painful if you farm it out.

I have had Steve Bertram do a couple imports for me without issue.

Rizzini probably already has a working relationship with an agent for them in the states and ca send a gun you order from them along with others coming into the country which should reduce the import costs.

UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:01 pm  Reply with quote

old colonel wrote:
Importing is not that painful if you farm it out.

I have had Steve Bertram do a couple imports for me without issue.

Rizzini probably already has a working relationship with an agent for them in the states and ca send a gun you order from them along with others coming into the country which should reduce the import costs.

Thanks. I have an ffl, so importing shouldn't be a problem when/if I find the gun I want.