16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  The unoffical Minnesota 16 gauge shoot
robp
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:04 pm  Reply with quote

16 gauge shoot May 18th 2019

I talked with Jeff W and the South Saint Paul Gun Club scheduled over us on May 18th This left everybody scrambling for a venue to host the 16 gauge shoot and it looks like that's not going to happen.

I for one still would like to get together and shoot 16 gauge shotguns, talk smart, look at 16 gauge guns and drink beer and May 18th is the day to do it. I called the Hunt and Horse club in Prior Lake Mn and asked if they would like to host us and I got a “well its kinda late” response but we are welcome to come out purchase our own targets and lunch from the club and shoot as much as we would like. We are also welcome to tail gate in the parking lot and BS. I do believe they frown on drinking alcoholic beverage outside on the grounds. The unofficial 16 gauge shoot is on!

The Minnesota hunt and horse club is a pretty nice club with several courses to shoot. They also have a 5 stand but cannot be certain that will be operational for us. There are group-ons for 100 targets and lunch on line. The lunch and 200 targets was sold out. To get the groupon I just “ googled “ hunt and horse club groupon and found it very easily. I was told the groupons sell out pretty fast. You can also purchase targets and lunch at the club a la carte. The restaurant and bar at the club are nice and serve really good food and drink. Check it out by googling Minnesota Hunt and Horse Club. There are hotels in Lakeville and Burnsville which are not far from the club .

I talked with the club manager and he would like to know about how many people would be showing up to make sure he can feed us all and not surprise him and his staff if 50 or 60 people show up. I ask you pm mail me and let me know if you plan to attend so I can give him a heads up. Just to be clear the club is open to the public and there will be other people shooting the courses.

Jeff put on a really great shoot for a great price and his shoot was well organized. This will be much less organized and cost more but what the hell it’s a good weekend to be shooting 16 gauges with others who appreciate them. Hope to see you there.

Last edited by robp on Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ted Schefelbein
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:21 pm  Reply with quote

Dang. Conflicts with my other May event, The Lake Pepin 3 speed tour. I’m going to miss the Sweet 16 this year.

I hope you guys have fun. Wish I could be there.

Best,
Ted

MaximumSmoke
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:30 pm  Reply with quote

See my PM. I will be there to shoot at MN Horse & Hunt on the 18th.
61bhs
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:56 am  Reply with quote

I went to web site for the club but could not find cost to shoot for a nonmember! Would like to attend and bring another shooter with me.
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:50 am  Reply with quote

Count me in Rob, I will be there, and bringing a friend he doesn't own a 16 but he does shoot SxS subgage. In fact taking off work tomorrow to shoot at H&H with him, I try to shoot H&H a couple of times a year. It is a great place, spendy but well worth it IMO. If you need me to do something face to face tomorrow just let me know.

Cost for 50 targets is $25.50 pretty sure 100 birds is discounted but not positive will check tomorrow. I always just pay my monies LOL. We normally shoot our lookers and 100 birds is more like 120-125. Didn't even know they had a 5 stand. I take the Ranger and run all over the course, if a station is easy then we move on to another and spend more time on the challenging stations. Usually shoot the Minnesota and US courses but having a buggy to run around will also do some on the waterfowl, upland, and bluff courses too.

Shot there in December with my friend from Owatonna back when it warmed up to 20 above zero.

df
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:36 am  Reply with quote

I’ve moved from Mn so won’t make this years shoot.
However, I shot league sporting clays many years at the Mn horse and hunt. It’s a great place for shotgun sports, in my view.
Have fun.
kgb
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:36 pm  Reply with quote

Pencil in for now, will know better as event approaches.

fourtrax
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:52 am  Reply with quote

Groupon Site isn't working to try to purchase the discount price clays deal. Has failed on my computer and a separate computer at a friends attempt to purchase also.

Good deal if site works.

Oh Well.

bobski
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:30 pm  Reply with quote

missed ya down here in mo fourtrax. its summer time!

Range Owner: Vanzant Clay Pigeon Farm, Mo
robp
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:35 am  Reply with quote

ttt
fourtrax
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:53 pm  Reply with quote

I plan on being there.

double vision
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:08 am  Reply with quote

I'm a "maybe." Our place was flooded last month and we'll be in recovery mode for quite some time. My guns, reloaders, and ammo are all at friend's place. Sad
robp
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:38 pm  Reply with quote

Dave
sorry to hear that hope everything is ok
MilRob
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:29 am  Reply with quote

I should be there. How many you have committed to going Rob? I’ll let some friends know.
robp
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:28 am  Reply with quote

Phil
I got about a dozen guys so far It will be a good time I will post some more details late next week
thanks