16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  Guns for sale
dannypratt
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:39 pm  Reply with quote

Fellas,
I'm giving you guys first crack at these firearms. They are all exceptionally nice, and very much enjoyed by myself, however, circumstances force the sale.

1) 1958 Browning Auto-5, 16ga, StandardWeight, 28" plain barrel, full choke. 625.00
This gun is in very nice condition, functions perfectly and handles wonderfully. There is a small crack, very tight, in the forearm. It appears to have been used this way for very many years with no ill effect. Someone cold blued the bolt and the lifter, I can easily remove this if so desired.

2) 1936 Browning Auto-5, 12ga, StandardWeight, Grade 2, 28" plain modified barrel, 30" plain full barrel. 800.00
This gun is in exceptional condition, with original buttplate. There is a marr in the finish on the buttstock, however it does not detract from the gun. This is a true Grade 2, the engraving is very similar to later Grade 1 guns, but obviously higher definition and meticulously done. The blueing is 100% original and exceptional. Stocks are in excellent condition, excepting the small marr on the buttstock. The 30" barrel did not come with the gun, but is from the same era, blueing is immaculate, and it fits the gun perfectly.

3) 1940 Savage Model 99 EG, Utica gun, .250-3000 Savage 800.00
This gun is in excellent, near perfect condition. It is 100% original, stocks and blueing are excellent. This gun has a factory ordered Redfield peep site (70LH). This site is mounted using the factory holes in the rear tang. This is an awesome specimen of this calibre and model. ON HOLD

4) 1940/46 Savage 99 EG, Utica gun, .300 Savage 700.00
This gun is in exact condition as the one described above and outfitted identically. This gun is a few thousand serial numbers away from the gun listed above. These are a perfect matched set. If bought together I will take this into consideration regarding price. This is an awesome specimen of this calibre and model. ON HOLD

5) 1935 Savage Automatic 16ga, Utica gun, 28" full choke 350.00
This gun is in excellent original condition. This is gun is identical to a Remington model 11 of the same era. There are 2 cracks in the forearm, long ago repaired. I've had this gun 10 plus years, these cracks have never spread. This gun is far nicer than a Savage 720, and in many respects, much nicer than a Remington model 11 of the same era. This gun would make any vintage repeater enthusiast very happy.

6) 1932 Remington Model 31, 16ga, steel frame, series 1, 26" modified 350.00
This gun is in very good original condition. This gun was ordered from Stoeger with the recoil pad that it currently wears. This pad needs replacement (in my opinion), however the gun has been very well cared for over the years. There are some finish scratches in the but stock, and some very scarce freckling on the reciever. This gun is an excellent example of a classic pump. I bought this gun from the family of the original owner some years ago. I knew him very well and it was his only shotgun, he purchased it new from the Stoeger catalog. ON HOLD

Pictures are available on request, and sent by email or text message. These are my personal firearms I have held onto over the last 20years, but unfortunately they will need to be sold. I will send you pictures if you request them, so please be patient. I'm a 12hr working day carpenter, and I often dont get back until very late.

I am most reluctant to sell the Remington Model 31, and if it is avoidable, I will remove from the listing. If you dont see it, please inquire, as I may be swayed.

Thanks in advance fellas

Last edited by dannypratt on Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

airmedic1
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:51 am  Reply with quote

Tried to send you a PM, not sure it went through. Could you send pics of the 99's to me at rogerbonin@gmail.com.
Thanks

Stack16
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:43 am  Reply with quote

Is there a up date on these guns, what is still available?