16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  met a 16 ga guy last nite.
fourtrax
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:37 am  Reply with quote

Ted the surveyor sent a msg. awhile back that his line of work would have him near Superior Wisconsin. He suggested we meet and peruse a wingworks vest I have that I have been lukewarm about. Had the Wife along for the proverbial beer & burger.
He liked the vest but I am not ready to part with it. Have to try fitting it to me some more. Anyway we had a great visit and Ted picked up the tab.

Ted, it was great meeting another 16-er and kicking around our favorite guage shotgun and discussing hunting etc. Wife enjoyed it too. It was good meeting and visiting with you and thanks for Dinner.

Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:04 am  Reply with quote

fourtrax,

16ers are great people no doubt about it!

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers
Bill K
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:26 am  Reply with quote

I agree, 16ers are a group of special people who stand apart.
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:18 pm  Reply with quote

fourtrax if you weren't such a brush busting beast in the woods you would still be able to use that Filson strap vest that I gave you and you wore out in record time LOL!

I liked my WingWorks vest so much I purchased a second one without orange on it. But will never be able to wear out the first one I got so the second one sits. If you want to sell your WW vest to Ted and later change your mind mine could be let go to you if you don't mind the lack of orange on the vest. Snow hasn't even all melted yet but season is just around the corner Smile
Purple16
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:27 am  Reply with quote

Fourtrax there will be four 16ga guys pheasant hunting SD when you are there. Good bunch of guys.

"A gun should be a thing of beauty, something which gives its owner pride and pleasure. For that reason, most men will buy the best gun they can afford. With a good gun on his arm, a man becomes a sporting gentleman, both on the field and off."
Tedthesurveyor
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:22 am  Reply with quote

"Ted, it was great meeting another 16-er and kicking around our favorite gauge shotgun and discussing hunting etc."

Fourtax, Thanks for the visit, it was nice to meet up after a long day of travel and working in the rain, it's not every day a guy gets to handle an 1897 16 gauge, that was worth it alone. Always enjoy hearing hunting and gun stories, especially over an Anchor Bar burger.

Cold Iron, It's ironic that you mention the demise of the Filson vest. That's exactly what prompted my interest in the WW. My filson tin cloth pockets have worn through, been patched up with leftover scraps from a worn out pair of Filson chaps, and then the patched pockets wore through. As much as I like it's light weight and simplicity, I'm looking to upgrade. My gear sees a lot of use, and I don't walk around the thick stuff.

Cheers, Ted