16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  16ga Invector Choke Tube IM
Cool Manchu
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:43 am  Reply with quote

Seemed to me a topic related more to Guns than General Discussion. So here goes...

Did/does anyone make 16ga flush Invector choke tubes in Improved Modified? I look for them from time to time on the auction sites, gun shows, dusty shop shelves, but have never found one. Doesn’t appear to me anyone catalogs the combination currently either.

Am I looking for a needle in a haystack or pipe dreaming altogether?
MSM2019
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:49 am  Reply with quote

I think you are pretty much out of luck looking for an Improved Mod flush choke, for a Browning Invector system.

You might want to give Briley a call. I know they made flush chokes for that system at one time.

Honestly, the Invector flush chokes are terrible at best.

Briley and a couple others make extended versions but the only company that actually made chokes for the Invector that work is Muller. Muller stopped making those chokes last year......sooooooo.

Lewis295
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:34 am  Reply with quote

I spoke with Briley not long ago about this. I wanted flush LM and IM chokes, they said they can make them, but 75$ each if I remember right. Spoke with Muller as well, no real plans to make them again any time soon because of the super low demand.

Would have been awesome if Browning put their new Invector DS from the new A5 in the new run of 16 ga Citoris...
Square Load
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:32 am  Reply with quote

Had one made years ago by taking a full choke tube to my gunsmith and having him ream it to I/M.

Current 16ga. Stable

Browning Citori Gr I
Browning Belgium Sweet 16
A.H. Fox Sterlingworth
Remington 11-48
Remington 31
Remington 870
Geco/J.P. Sauer BLNE
Winchester Mod 12
Cool Manchu
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:06 pm  Reply with quote

MSM2019 wrote:
I think you are pretty much out of luck looking for an Improved Mod flush choke, for a Browning Invector system.

You might want to give Briley a call. I know they made flush chokes for that system at one time.

Honestly, the Invector flush chokes are terrible at best.

Briley and a couple others make extended versions but the only company that actually made chokes for the Invector that work is Muller. Muller stopped making those chokes last year......sooooooo.

I was afraid of that. I hadn’t heard of Muller before, but I’ll keep an eye out for them on the secondary market. Thanks, MSM.
Cool Manchu
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:12 pm  Reply with quote

Lewis295 wrote:
I spoke with Briley not long ago about this. I wanted flush LM and IM chokes, they said they can make them, but 75$ each if I remember right. Spoke with Muller as well, no real plans to make them again any time soon because of the super low demand.

Would have been awesome if Browning put their new Invector DS from the new A5 in the new run of 16 ga Citoris...

Yeah, they’re pricey. I hit Briley up annually to make me another couple thin walls to round out my 28ga set. Maybe if I ask nice this time around, they’ll spin me up one on the cheap Very Happy

Thanks, Lewis.
Cool Manchu
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:17 pm  Reply with quote

Square Load wrote:
Had one made years ago by taking a full choke tube to my gunsmith and having him ream it to I/M.

I like that idea. How’d it work for you? Pretty sure I’ve got an extra tube in Full somewhere. If successful, maybe I could have my gunsmith turn some of my duplicates into LF, LM, SK2, etc.

Thanks, Dennis.
Cool Manchu
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:18 pm  Reply with quote

Lewis295 wrote:

Yeah, they’re pricey. I hit Briley up annually to make me another couple thin walls to round out my 28ga set. Maybe if I ask nice this time around, they’ll spin me up one on the cheap Very Happy

Thanks, Lewis.
putz463
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:48 am  Reply with quote

Cool Manchu wrote:
Square Load wrote:

I like that idea. How’d it work for you? Pretty sure I’ve got an extra tube in Full somewhere. If successful, maybe I could have my gunsmith turn some of my duplicates into LF, LM, SK2, etc.

Thanks, Dennis.

IMO, works great, actually kinda fun messing around with it and seeing the results/proof on the pattern board...have lathe, will travel...

Soggy socks
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:15 am  Reply with quote

I just checked Tru locks site i see they no longer offer 16ga. chokes other than the DS for the New Sweet
David Spear
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:01 am  Reply with quote

https://trulockchokes.com/?target=choke_results&category_id=11
David Spear
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:35 am  Reply with quote

I’m not sure what happened to the link. 16 gauge invector in extended chokes are available. Unfortunately I didn’t find flush on the website.
RGuill96971
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:19 am  Reply with quote

I have several flush chokes in my sweet 16, not sure why people think there terrible at best. I’ve had no issues at all. And brileys will make you what ever you want. I have several of their chokes, thin wall included, couldn’t ask for more. Trust me if you do your part the choke will work.
MSM2019
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:52 am  Reply with quote

The problem with Invectors is with the exception of the full choke, they all throw the same basic pattern regardless of what is written on them. The patterns are about an I/C and they are very particular about what load you feed them.

Yes you can break targets and kill birds with them, but they are not what a good choke system should be.

oldog
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:59 am  Reply with quote

shoot a brush (spreader ) load out of a full choke.

load out of a full choke.