16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Wish They Made It In 16 Gauge
Fortycaliberglock
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:51 pm  Reply with quote

A 16 ga with 32 in barrels is an amazing combination. I shoot a 16 ga Poli with 32 in barrels. I have some nice guns but nothing compares to that one. I may have to check out the Dickinson 20 ga with the 32 in barrels.
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:18 pm  Reply with quote

Fortycaliberglock wrote:
A 16 ga with 32 in barrels is an amazing combination. I shoot a 16 ga Poli with 32 in barrels. I have some nice guns but nothing compares to that one. I may have to check out the Dickinson 20 ga with the 32 in barrels.

You are not helping me here...

Ended up getting a 20 ga. Plantation with 30" bbls. the wood talked to me.

In the shop now getting a microcell pad installed. I didn't want to upset the balance and wanted to keep it light. The 12 ga. 32" handles beautifully but is heavy and bit of a hog. But great for breaking clays. The 20 is close and just a bit lighter and faster despite only being a half pound lighter.

Thinking the 16 Plantation may be the ticket. Would love to get a Prestige in 16 but like Riflemeister said they don't make them. Yet. I can custom order a Plantation High Rib with 32" bbls. and after I shoot the 20 for a couple of months have a feeling I will.

They do offer an upgrade on the wood above what Pacific Sporting Arms offers.

I like mineral grain with a SxS it just kind of fits.

Should not be looking right now but can't help myself... PSA told me 6-12 months for delivery and only need a small deposit for the order.

Must resist. Or not..
Nasty-G
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:55 pm  Reply with quote

Mike, that's some pretty nice timber. I sold my share of our Eureka house and am seriously thinking of a membership in a game farm. But when fall comes I might get the itch back. It's so darn far out there. They won't let me drive out alone anymore !! Father time takes no prisoners !! Geo.

Cold Iron
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:36 pm  Reply with quote

Nasty-G wrote:
Mike, that's some pretty nice timber. I sold my share of our Eureka house and am seriously thinking of a membership in a game farm. But when fall comes I might get the itch back. It's so darn far out there. They won't let me drive out alone anymore !! Father time takes no prisoners !! Geo.

No kidding! And don't care what the kids say if you need me to give you a ride let me know. I will make it happen one way or another.

We need to shoot some clays and I am willing to drive down to met you and do so. Does not matter how many we break so much as how fun we have.

No need to bring pasties or hook cheese already have plenty now Smile

You done good George. My favorite picture is of Kim doing Prime Rib for us. What a great neighbor!

And as important is Steve serving us all first. A leader is someone who serves others first. And takes care of his men. Why he made Admiral.

You raised your boys right

You done good. Very good.
Fortycaliberglock
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:14 am  Reply with quote

Cold Iron, those are spectacular. How do you order them with upgraded wood? Is it through PSA?
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:54 am  Reply with quote

Yes PSA can custom order any option you want and is available. Delivery time is 6-12 months for custom orders.
double vision
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:37 am  Reply with quote

i would like to see CZ offer their Hammer Classic in 16 gauge. After using literally every modern auto out there from Vinci's to A400 Extrema Plus I just can't get excited about a plastic hunting gun anymore. Sure they work great, but that's no longer enough.

For ducks i've committed myself to my 16 ga. Rem. 11 and bismuth this year, but I'm also bringing on a 12 gauge CZ Hammer Classic. I've long wanted to take ducks with a double, and if CZ ever offers this gun in 16 gauge the rush of my money exiting my wallet will create a sonic boom.
fourtrax
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:58 am  Reply with quote

Fortycaliberglock wrote:
Cold Iron, those are spectacular. How do you order them with upgraded wood? Is it through PSA?

I recall "someone" who mocked me years back about my sxs having the bbls stacked the wrong way.........................
Seems to me it is this same "someone" here who is building a nice collection of SXS shotguns. Cool Cool

double vision
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:17 pm  Reply with quote

fourtrax wrote:
Fortycaliberglock wrote:

I recall "someone" who mocked me years back about my sxs having the bbls stacked the wrong way.........................
Seems to me it is this same "someone" here who is building a nice collection of SXS shotguns. Cool Cool

We got Cold Iron straightened out. (pretty malleable iron...) Very Happy
canvasback
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:02 pm  Reply with quote

fourtrax wrote:
Fortycaliberglock wrote:

I think it was just 3 years ago that Cold Iron was giving my SxS the fish eye. Good to see Mike has seen a little of the light, if not all of it. Those are some pretty good looking pieces of wood, brother.

1925 Ferlach 29" 6 lbs 7 oz
1923 Greifelt 29" 6 lbs 1 oz
1928 Simson 29.5" 6 lbs
1893 Lindner Daly FW 28” 5 lb 11oz
double vision
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:25 am  Reply with quote

Canvasback, your ears must have been burning because we were just talking about you yesterday at 5-stand. Sounds like you two are indeed brothers.
Savage16
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:56 am  Reply with quote

I think youre right Dave,been a long time since I've seen CI with one of his fancy O/U's in hand. Wont be long til he has an Iside 28ga Razz

double vision
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:30 am  Reply with quote

Savage16 wrote:
I think youre right Dave,been a long time since I've seen CI with one of his fancy O/U's in hand. Wont be long til he has an Iside 28ga Razz

He has a more sinister plan in the works. Cool
canvasback
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:08 pm  Reply with quote

Dave Erickson wrote:
Canvasback, your ears must have been burning because we were just talking about you yesterday at 5-stand. Sounds like you two are indeed brothers.

Dave, I know we are brothers. Mike's the nice one and I'm the grumpy one.

1925 Ferlach 29" 6 lbs 7 oz
1923 Greifelt 29" 6 lbs 1 oz
1928 Simson 29.5" 6 lbs
1893 Lindner Daly FW 28” 5 lb 11oz