16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Hi from ermadear 55
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:38 pm  Reply with quote

ermadear55 asked me to post this for him to all of you. Enjoy.

To: 16gaugeguy
Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:32 pm
Subject: Re: how's it going Quote message
Hey 16gg,

Thanks much for checking in on me. It is going well but we are very short handed and I am just working very long hours. We had 4 guys in our section quit and go home right after the elections. These madmen over here are continuing to kill their own people at an increasing rate but our troops are staying ahead of them pretty good. One of my civilian driver buddies was wounded last week in an ambush it southern Iraq that destroyed 5 tanker rigs but he is going to be OK. One of my fellow bus drivers here was hit by shrapnel when a rocket landed in our transportation yard last Tuesday. He was sitting in his bus having a sandwich and it came through the windshield and hit him in the shoulder. He was pretty lucky and will be working again soon. He has a great attitude.

I have not hunted with my Citori as my October pheasant hunting R&R was cancelled, again because we are short handed (I sort of volunteered to give it up). The media has succeeded in making it very hard for KBR to hire American drivers anymore. However, both of my kids have hunted birds with it and they tell me I will have an orgasm when I use it (I don't know where they get this stuff from, must be Mom???). My son says it is super and he is a misguided 12 ga Benelli nut so that is quite a compliment from him. My daughter shoots my 20 ga Wingmaster most often but did use the Citori and the Bakial 16 some too and likes both. I have a new 20 ga Beretta under the bed for her college graduation next May but she may go the 16 way someday too. I can go on R&R (guaranteed when you skip one) in Feb so we will be shooting lots of trap then. I am excited to try it out!!

Say Hi to the gang! I am safe and OK and proud to be helping our troops. In spite of the insanity on the news I see lots of progress here against an ugly, evil enemy. We are winning over here! Thanks for your concern! I demob for home next May for Becky's graduation. My bride says even she will give up some fishing time to shoot with me then Wink. She wants a 20 though.

ed55
hoashooter
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:39 pm  Reply with quote

Keep your head down Wink
Wolfchief
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:27 pm  Reply with quote

I know that most of the time you can't tell it from the media but there are still a whole lot of folks over here that are supportive of your efforts, so keep duckin' and come home to enjoy more hunting seasons; thanks for all you're doing....

Sebascodegan
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:57 pm  Reply with quote

ermadear55

Ditto what WolfChief said.

Have a care and know that we appreciate what you're doing for us all.

Primrose Path
A Hunters Fireside Book
- Gene Hill