16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Just call me Ahab...H&H 16
Rick Grimes
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:05 am  Reply with quote

Breathtakingly beautiful. Just what I've come to expect from you. Very Happy

Going into coverts becomes less a chase with the sole purpose of killing; it remains important to find game but the gratification-and I keep coming back to that word-is in the beauty of finding it. George Bird Evans A Dog, A Gun, And Time Enough.
UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:59 am  Reply with quote

Chicago wrote:
Simply stunning work, very impressive. I just picked up a used gun that will need a wood extension and I sent you a P.M.

Good Hunting,
Mike

Thanks Mike. I don't see your pm in my inbox. Feel free to email me directly at mark@marklarsonart.com.

The man's prayer from the Red Green Show: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to. I guess."
UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:00 am  Reply with quote

Rick Grimes wrote:
Breathtakingly beautiful. Just what I've come to expect from you. Very Happy

Thank you Rick. She's not a hammer gun, but I still have a couple husky's to scratch that itch.

The man's prayer from the Red Green Show: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to. I guess."
MaximumSmoke
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:31 am  Reply with quote

By the way, Mark/UDF, how much to have you do a grain job on a shotgun (buttstock and forend) and how much for a rifle stock (bolt action). Also, please let me know the current turn-around time. I don't need something as deluxe as the artwork you've done on that H&H, but more like the look of a medium grade English walnut. I presume it will be a ballpark estimate, with no firm price until you actually see the workpiece. PM me in response if you like -- I suppose that's the way to go. Thanks!
UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:42 am  Reply with quote

MaximumSmoke wrote:
By the way, Mark/UDF, how much to have you do a grain job on a shotgun (buttstock and forend) and how much for a rifle stock (bolt action). Also, please let me know the current turn-around time. I don't need something as deluxe as the artwork you've done on that H&H, but more like the look of a medium grade English walnut. I presume it will be a ballpark estimate, with no firm price until you actually see the workpiece. PM me in response if you like -- I suppose that's the way to go. Thanks!

PM sent.

brent
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:05 am  Reply with quote

Would be a hell of a wrestling match for it. That's a mighty nice gun. I'd love to stumble across something like it.
UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:28 pm  Reply with quote

Managed to get out yesterday for chukars. I mostly just planned on an armed hike with my 11 yr old setter, as he has slowed down a lot. Even so, we had some success.
The H&H is a pleasure to shoot too. Not used to having an ejector gun in the field. I kind of like it. Cool

Rick Grimes
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:49 pm  Reply with quote

Give Brier an ear rub from me. Very Happy

Going into coverts becomes less a chase with the sole purpose of killing; it remains important to find game but the gratification-and I keep coming back to that word-is in the beauty of finding it. George Bird Evans A Dog, A Gun, And Time Enough.
Dave in Maine
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:06 pm  Reply with quote

Brier's a happy boy.

I don't want to tell you how to run your operation, but now (or next spring) would be a great time to add a puppy. Socialize him to people and dogs, get to learn from the old master, give Brier someone to keep in line, avoid the huge void when the old guy's time comes.

UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:13 pm  Reply with quote

Dave in Maine wrote:
Brier's a happy boy.

I don't want to tell you how to run your operation, but now (or next spring) would be a great time to add a puppy. Socialize him to people and dogs, get to learn from the old master, give Brier someone to keep in line, avoid the huge void when the old guy's time comes.

Thanks Dave. I've been thinking about that. You're right, spring would be a great time. I'm looking at breeders here and there, and would love a started dog, like Briar was. There's actually one not far from me here in Oregon.

16'er
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:46 pm  Reply with quote

UncleDanFan wrote:
Dave in Maine wrote:
Brier's a happy boy.

Thanks Dave. I've been thinking about that. You're right, spring would be a great time. I'm looking at breeders here and there, and would love a started dog, like Briar was. There's actually one not far from me here in Oregon.

If you’re looking for a change of pace, a friend of a friend who lives in Oregon is a German Short Hair breeder and trains dogs...
UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:33 am  Reply with quote

16'er wrote:
UncleDanFan wrote:
Dave in Maine wrote:
Brier's a happy boy.

If you’re looking for a change of pace, a friend of a friend who lives in Oregon is a German Short Hair breeder and trains dogs...

Thanks, but I'll stick with setters. They take my breath away. Very Happy

Fortycaliberglock
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:34 am  Reply with quote

As everyone has said, spectacular work. You are a true artist and craftsman. If you ever get bored of that beauty...😁
UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:14 pm  Reply with quote

Fortycaliberglock wrote:
As everyone has said, spectacular work. You are a true artist and craftsman. If you ever get bored of that beauty...😁

Thank you very much! I'll put you on the list Very Happy

Dave in Maine
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:46 pm  Reply with quote

UncleDanFan wrote:
Dave in Maine wrote:
Brier's a happy boy.

I can tell you, I miss my late Sasha horribly and it's going on 5 years now. My current residence, I can't have a dog, but I want another. The way breeders are, when it comes to good dogs, getting on their lists well in advance is almost the only way to actually get one.

And once you have a setter it's pretty hard to go in any other direction.