16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  ISO Ugartechea AOC
Cohunter
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:43 pm  Reply with quote

I’ve been looking for an ugartechea aoc box lock 16 or 20. Might be a long shot but pm me if you have one your looking to sell.
skeettx
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:45 pm  Reply with quote

WELCOME on your first posting

Something like this??

http://www.champlinarms.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30&ctl=GunsDetails&mid=409&StyleID=10&GunID=3374

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/shotguns/ugartechea-shotguns/ugartechea-16-bore-by-aspen-outfitting-28-quot-eject-chopper-lump-mod-aoc-sg-made-2003-overall-a-99-piece-straight-stock-at-14-9-16-quot-lop.cfm?gun_id=101273331

Swampy16
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:54 am  Reply with quote

I don’t think you kind find a better example of the perfect upland game gun than that. That gun would find a very nice home in my grouse covers.
16'er
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:28 am  Reply with quote

That Champlin Arms gun is in nice condition, but I think they will be sitting on it for a long time at that price. That's a lot closer to sidelock pricing than a boxlock price tag. Just my opinion.

I own a Ugartechea 16 Precision sports. If I could buy its double in good to very good condition I would, but not at those prices.
PatrickB
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:39 am  Reply with quote

That gun was sold. Not sure why its still listed for sale.
fishrising
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:10 pm  Reply with quote

Love my AOC Uggies! Have a 16, 28 and 410. I got the 16 for a song due to a really short LoP. I shot it as is for a while with a slip on recoil pad, but now I’m having a new pad installed altogether to lengthen it a bit, while
It’s getting the safety looked at (safety come back on after 1st is fired). It also has Briley thin walls...didn’t think I’d like them in a SxS, but turns out I do. Can go sk and sk for shooting skeet or adjust as I need to for hunting or the sporting clays course.

Good luck in your quest for one! To hold you over here is a pic of mine (bottom):

16 AOC/SG Ugartechea
16 Model 37
16 Belgium Guild Hammergun
artesian01
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:56 pm  Reply with quote

I have the AOC 16 gauge box lock...love it...paid $2500 about 10-11 years ago at Cabela's...used gun in very good condition...I think these guns should sell for what an AYA #4/53 sells for...I have one of those, too...20 gauge...love that gun...I would entertain the idea of selling my AOC only because I acquired a sweet Uggie 12 gauge side lock last summer for a song, which I love...and I have 2 other Uggie 16's that I love...grade 3 box locks...I have simply bought too many guns in the past 10 years, and I have been hunting just a few of them, notably my Uggie 28 gauge grade 1 box lock...love that gun! I had Covid in September, decided to be proactive and thin the herd and save my wife the hassle and keep her from being taken advantage of...pm me if you want to visit...I had a recoil pad put on and it has a 15" LOP...
PabloDiablo
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:44 pm  Reply with quote

I have a question about the choke. One on the barrels is choked "skeet II". Is that tighter than an IC choke? What is the difference between Skeet I and Skeet II?
artesian01
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:31 am  Reply with quote

skeet 1 is a bit more open than IC, and skeet 2 is a bit more tight...i have had most of my doubles brought to skeet 1/skeet 2....