16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Travel to Russell - met TWO 16 ga.com friends
bustingclays
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:15 pm  Reply with quote

Gentlemen:

After going to office, administering exam, calculating grades, ignoring email and phone, I got away from the house about 9:15 am and set out on I70 across MO and KS for Russell.

Stopped just shy of Independence for a bite and fuel and then on to Cabelas - the mission to scope out the 16s, pick up some goose loads (12 ga Sad ) and brouse quickly. MOST customers I have ever seen there - the line at the gun counter was on a number system and I heard 35 and the gentleman near me was holding 74. I had to wait for 20 minutes to get to register. Still had fun, but hope that Tuesday when I have a couple of hours that it is less busy.

Left Cabelas at 2:15ish and drove on to Junction City for dinner at the Cracker Barrel and met Twice Barrel from this forum there. He had a cup of coffee while I ate and we discovered that he had served at Fort Rucker in AL which was very close to the gentleman farm my folks sold 2 years ago. Enjoyed meeting Steve and look forward to another stop and visit.

Got to Russell about 6:30 pm to find revdocdrew and Dirk the wonder dog already in the Days Inn - great. Measured the bores and chokes of all three sxs (Ms. Guild, Ms. Elsie, and Ms. Sterlyworth) and discovered as I suspected they are TIGHT - will carry the sissytori's this weekend since we are working over pointing labs and hunting where we will see quail. My friend (our host) Stuart Young stopped by with his wife Crystal and we had a fine visit. Talking dogs, guns, and birds.

can't wait for the hunt tomorrow - by all reports we should have great fun - watch for report if I get back online tomorrow evening....

Dr. 16 Gauge
hoashooter
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:24 pm  Reply with quote

Had to take a number? Evil or Very Mad Sounds more like the dmv Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Enjoy