16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Dogs Are Something Else
Brewster11
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:40 am  Reply with quote

All,

I've posted here before on the heroics and antics of Chester, our amazing black lab and Global Dominator of Pheasant Fields. He's aging well but still good for an hour or so outing.

He's always been ready to assist with chores around the house such as carrying firewood alongside me or crawling under the car with me during oil changes (No! Get Away!)

His latest has me shaking my head. After a recent knee sprain I was favoring my left leg to relieve some of the discomfort. A couple days later, sure enough there's Chester favoring his leg around the yard. Great, I thought, a visit to the vet is in store. But I spied on him and soon observed that in my absence he had no limp whatsoever...only in my presence did he mimic my gingerly placed offbeat gait.

Are dogs great or what,

B.
Swampy16
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:20 pm  Reply with quote

Someone on another forum posted that god thought so much of dogs he gave them his own name spelled backwards.
MSM2019
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:55 pm  Reply with quote

I am 64 and have been upland hunting since I was 18. One of the last things I need to do is shoot another pheasant......BUT the dogs are the reason I still hunt upland birds.

After all these years when a dog goes on point the adrenaline switch still clicks on. There is nothing like starting that walk towards the dog, never knowing when the birds are going to flush and I have to do my job.

The dogs are so much fun!!! Both in the field and at home.

I believe that not only did God give dogs his name but he gave them a sense of humor!! They put up with us dumba** humans don't they?

Nasty-G
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:26 pm  Reply with quote

Mine also assist in driving me NUTS !!