16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  need some loading help
MSM2019
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:22 am  Reply with quote

DanLee,

At one time I wanted to develop some loads using the 'G-32' wad, but unfortunately it went away.

I sent a 1 1/8 oz. load to Tom Armbrust that patterned very well, unfortunately it tested a little over 13,000 PSI. When I tried to order more wads from Graf's I noticed they were no longer being offered. I never sent any more loads for testing. Too bad because there are some real possibilities without all the attendant nonsense associated with the SP-16 in the Cheddite. Federal, RIO etc style hulls.

JMS
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:17 am  Reply with quote

DanLee wrote:
Yes, that matches what I have exactly. So it must be a Gualiandi wad after all. Thanks!

Now I wonder what Gualiandi's designation for these wads was; BPI, Grafs, and whoever else sold them had their own monikers for them. It's enough to make a reloader think about going back to card wads and fillers!
JMS
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:21 am  Reply with quote

DanLee, I've got a couple bags of these wads that I bought from Graf's a while ago. Bag says "CH-1628 B". Never found a recipe for them, but look like they might have close to twice the capacity of a SG-16, and would be just the ticket for 1 1/8oz load in straight-walled hull.