16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  16 ga Wad for Sale
Brewster11
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:45 pm  Reply with quote

I am offering a 16 ga wad for sale for those in need of reloading supplies. It is a Gualandi SG16S that has been fired only once. Knowledgeable 16 ga reloaders will be familiar with this type of wad (see photo below). Unlike some previously fired wads, this wad retains both shot cup petals.

In these difficult times of shortages I have lowered the price to only two dollars ($2.00 US). Shipping is extra. 16 ga reloading components are in short supply and hunting season is approaching, so don't delay your purchase of this remarkable wad.

Thank You,
B.
putz463
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:39 am  Reply with quote

I think it would sell quicker if you offered an incentive. Maybe "2 for 1" or "Free pet rock included". Fun stuff......

double vision
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:40 am  Reply with quote

You know I was ready to buy it from you, but I noticed the petals are no longer stitched together like a new one. Dang!
skeettx
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:44 am  Reply with quote

A better incentive is that it will be shipped with a once fired
SMALL PISTOL PRIMER

Rolling Eyes

MSM2019
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:09 am  Reply with quote

Brewster11,

Now that's a deal!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Dave in Maine
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:54 am  Reply with quote

Aw, shoot, I just tossed about 65 once-fired Remington 209 primers last week. I coulda made a bundle.
But I still have the once-fired Win 209s that I loaded into those hulls. Anyone got a bid for them?

What you really want to do, though, is start creating invisible sculptures. This Italian artist did, made over $18k from just one and saved a bundle on shipping. https://nypost.com/2021/06/03/artist-sells-invisible-sculpture-for-over-18k/

makintrax73
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:49 am  Reply with quote

For those of you who are desperate:
I just ordered a bag of SG16's from Ballistic Products. Said they were in stock. Laughing
Savage16
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:22 am  Reply with quote

If you'll deliver it in person to MN I'll take it Razz
I have reloaded DR 16's but rarely find them.

harkom
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:20 pm  Reply with quote

Gee, thanks for the offer, but I will pass on this. But IMHO if you fired this only 1x you better check the data or your powder drops ... Wink
Byron Whitlock
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:22 pm  Reply with quote

Reminds of back when my Father ran the Weston gun club. At the end of the day we all walked the field and picked up unbroken targets and the WWAA wads that we could find and he would reload them. That was the late 60's and early 70's.
In later years when another man was running the club my little brother and I worked in the traphouse loading each target onto the trap.

CZ Ringneck
Win. Model 12
Rem M11
Stevens 235
WyoChukar
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:31 am  Reply with quote

If you claim that wad was fired from a Rem 870, the bids will go higher due to the insane bidding fever surrounding that gun right now.

On a more serious note, when I was in college and had nearly zilch for funding, I reused spent wads frequently. I wasn't shooting competition and found that they worked fine for my practice sessions below the barn.

AmericanMeet
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:30 pm  Reply with quote

Not to highjack the thread but I'm considering an offer of the hard to find Winchester AA16 wads. These are the super rare variation - they're invisible and as such payment also needs to be with the super rare currency, invisible dollars. The wads are so rare that I can find little guidance as to designating an appropriate price. I do not want to undersell such valuable items but I don't want to be unfair. suggested pricing will be appreciated.
Hammer bill
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:23 pm  Reply with quote

AmericanMeet wrote:
Not to highjack the thread but I'm considering an offer of the hard to find Winchester AA16 wads. These are the super rare variation - they're invisible and as such payment also needs to be with the super rare currency, invisible dollars. The wads are so rare that I can find little guidance as to designating an appropriate price. I do not want to undersell such valuable items but I don't want to be unfair. suggested pricing will be appreciated.

Double check with Hunter Bitem. He seems to have the market cornered on that subject.
Purple16
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:37 am  Reply with quote

Lots of guys say they are once fired but are actually shot 4-5 times. I think the wad has been shot more that advertised Cool

"A gun should be a thing of beauty, something which gives its owner pride and pleasure. For that reason, most men will buy the best gun they can afford. With a good gun on his arm, a man becomes a sporting gentleman, both on the field and off."