16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  ugartechea grade III 16 gauge POW grip
artesian01
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:17 am  Reply with quote

I'm a caveman regarding the whole picture-thing, sorry. I have 3 Uggie 16's, don't need them all, so I'm selling the last one I acquired, which I haven't done anything to yet besides having the chokes opened to SKT1/SKT2 by Pat Laib in Spicer, Mn a year ago. I HAD to have a Parker repro 28 gauge, so this is the motivation for selling the Uggie (and a few others not listed here). The gun for sale has a pow grip, beautiful wood, and is in very good condition...my other grade 3 Uggie is pretty beat up, not easily salable, and I shoot it really well...and I have an AOC version that I probably overpaid for, but I like the gun a lot, so I will keep it. I would probably only sell this one to someone who I could drive to and show the gun, or vice versa. There is a Duluth Side by Side event in July in case you want to see it then. This gun is really sweet, comes up like a dream, I killed a dozen or so pheasants with it last fall over the course of a few outings. LOP is 14.25", weight is about
6.25 lbs, barrels are 28", double triggers, splinter...if I were keeping it I would have a recoil pad installed and bring the LOP to around 14 7/8 or 15". I forgot to mention that I found a very-near "english best" Uggie 12 gauge sidelock from 1957 2 years ago that I am REALLY excited to use for my SD pheasant hunting, which again, makes the 3 Uggie 16's a bit unnecessary. My favorite prairie gun is an Uggie grade 1 28 gauge, which is a dream to carry and shoot. And I have to find time to fit my 2 AYA 20's into the mix as well. So, please understand, this Uggie for sale is like a 4th or 5th wife...and I really love the first 3-4 already. When I met this girl I knew I was gonna bring her home...thinking with my heart, not my head. I didn't overpay, neither will the next owner...and it's OK if I don't part with her, too...but I also bought one of those cool little browning SA .22 auto rifles about 3 weeks ago, not knowing I was gonna find that Parker Repro 28 last week....anyway, thanks for reading all this...$1550 firm, no haggle...$50 of it goes to this site if it can take $...if not, to a conservation or veterans organization of your choice. Mike, 218-591-2627. I know how to text pics from the phone. If you come to the S X S shoot in Duluth you are welcome to shoot this gun there first. Or, take it to a clays course anywhere near Duluth for the day when convenient. It's a really sweet gun!
Cheesy
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:42 pm  Reply with quote

Pics for artesian

artesian01
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:28 pm  Reply with quote

thanks Cheesy! very kind! kind of funky light today, never took pics for a deal like this before, I'm sure it shows. Very good shape, wouldn't call it 100%, probably 95% or better? Never really graded a gun before...thanks!
nutcase
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:55 am  Reply with quote

If you could stretch the barrels a couple inches I'd be interested. Wink

Savage16
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 7:37 am  Reply with quote

Thats a great looking Uggie Mike. I had one for several years and never had a single problem with it. Cant remember seeing one with a POW grip. I like it! Hope to see you at DDG.

3birddogs
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 1:22 pm  Reply with quote

That is not one of the Lion Country Supply imports is it? A very nice gun, I have Uggies in 12, 20, and 28, very nice guns, a 16 would fit right in there. All mine are st. grip.

artesian01
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 5:38 pm  Reply with quote

both of my grade 3's have the coin finished receiver, and I think they were imported by precision sports? I just walked in the door from being gone all day...I will look...don't think they are LCS guns...think they may predate that relationship.
nutcase
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 6:56 am  Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the Lion Country Grade II's and III's could be ordered with either nickle plated or case colored receivers. The only real difference between a grade II or III was extractors vs. ejectors. Which does this gun have.

artesian01
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:24 am  Reply with quote

ejectors...it is a precision sports import...I do recall some side locks through LCS being offered in coin finish, don't recall the box locks...but I'm a covid long hauler, my memory is shot! Laughing
artesian01
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:43 am  Reply with quote

orvis has a 20 gauge in very similar shape, not nearly as pretty wood, IMO, but theirs is a straight stock...$1750...has coin finish, no engraving...haven't seen that before...theirs is an extractor gun...neutral cast, other than that the dimensions are almost identical...my gun is a nicer gun, I would say on multiple counts...the wood, ejectors, and it's a 16!!!!! That last point is the clincher!!!! Laughing
artesian01
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:51 am  Reply with quote

LCS started importing Uggies in the late '80's...'88????
artesian01
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:27 am  Reply with quote

pretty nice AYA #3 20 gauge on GI for $950...great rainy day gun, back up gun, or even the star of the show gun!!!!
skeettx
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 10:55 am  Reply with quote

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-for-sale-online/shotguns/aya-aguirre-y-aranzabal-shotguns/aya-aguirre-y-aranzabal-20-gauge-eibar-spain.cfm?gun_id=101647189

artesian01
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:35 pm  Reply with quote

that 20 AYA sold quick!!!