16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Merry Christmas to all.........
Birdswatter
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:49 pm  Reply with quote

I would like to wish everyone (16 gauge shooters and everyone else) a Merry Christmas and best wishes for the New Year. This year has been very interesting with some unexpected twists and turns, mostly good. I have learned much from many of you, and sincerely hope you all know that the information and knowledge provided is positive and appreciated.

Today's Christmas hunt also took some unexpected turns. Early on, I somehow dropped the digital camera that I purchased last week as a gift to myself (actually, I won a gift card to Best Buy at my Department party), while chasing a Pheasant that flushed ahead of us. I had only taken one photo (see photo of Dave approaching Jaeger's point below), and was gravely disheartened.

My hunting partner Dave was sympathetic and helped with the search, but as you can see, the fields are heavily covered and do not surrender lost property easily, especially a camera that can hide in a cigarette pack!

Dave left after lunch, but I kept hunting. I tracked myself to the point where I discovered the camera missing, back-tracked, and miraculously recovered it in high grass, barely visible. Although a major disruption to the hunt, the camera came home, Dave was understanding, and we harvested some birds to boot. Once I had the camera back, I shot the pic of Jaeger to commemorate the hunt. Hectic day, but all is well..........Best to all, have a great Christmas!

carpe dm
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:02 am  Reply with quote

Best wishes to you as well! (and to all) Glad you found the camera! Looks like a great day and place to hunt. Smile

hoashooter
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:17 pm  Reply with quote

You know that dog is thinking---put the camera down and pick up that shotgun!!!!!!!!Merry Christmas Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy