16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  Once in a Lifetime Sweet 16 Opportunity
MaximumSmoke
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:58 pm  Reply with quote

Two days ago, an acquaintence of mine who has discovered I'm a fellow shotgun and 16 gauge enthusiast approached me about selling his Browning Sweet 16. It was made and shipped from the factory to a hardware store/dealer in 1952, along with a Superposed. The fellow who ordered these guns apparently was never able to pick them up. The theory is he died, maybe in the Korean War, who knows. At any rate, the dealer kept these guns for decades, and when the store closed, the guns were sold. This acquaintence of mine says he bought them more than 20 years ago. He wants to sell only the Sweet 16. It is new, in the original packaging and unfired.

Interesting as the provenance of this gun is, I have no desire to own it. I am not a collector, but rather just an "accumulator" of guns I like to shoot and with which I like to hunt. I have no financial interest in this gun, and will not profit from its sale. The owner, knowing I'm a shotgun enthusiast and have some partiality to the 16 gauge, only enlisted me to mention it to my friends. If you are interested, let me know and I will connect you directly to the owner and disappear from the picture. I am not his intermediary -- I'm only trying to help him get some market access. If you are interested in this gun, bear in mind it will not be an inexpensive experience. Apparently it comes with all factory authentication of it's provenance, and so it is a sort of "time capsule", if you know what I mean.

So PM with any interest and I'll link you to the seller/owner. However, I'm not able to tell you anything else about the gun, so I'm not your "pen pal", so to speak. Thanks.

Cheers,
Tony
artesian01
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:58 am  Reply with quote

There's one that pretty much matches that description on GI for $6,000...not the same gun, this one is from 1962...never been assembled...cool.
df
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:19 am  Reply with quote

Duplicate

Last edited by df on Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
df
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:20 am  Reply with quote

$6 grand, unique guns, but that’s a lot of coin. I’d take it out and shoot it and it would then be worth 80% less.
double vision
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:36 am  Reply with quote

Tony, it will probably take a well-funded collector to go there, I hope one steps up. Thanks for posting it.