16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Reply from Cabela's Customer Service
ohiochuck
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:26 pm  Reply with quote

Subject
Herter's Shotgun Shells?

Response By Email (Brittany) (06/22/2021 04:06 PM)
Jim,
Thank you for reaching out to us in regards to the Herter's Dove & Quail Shotgun Shells. It does appear that we will be carrying the 12 and the 16 gauge options. At this time though, these options are not available for order online due to stocking issues. These options would be available at the retail store level right now.
Hopefully in the near future we will see these items come back into stock online! If you have any further questions please reach back out to us.

Best Regards,
Brittany
Cabela's | Customer Service
2500 E. Kearney St.
Springfield, MO 65898
Hammer bill
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:14 pm  Reply with quote

Well their appears hope. I have 5 flats and probably 750 to a thousand once fired. Maybe another 1000 cheddite, rio,fiochi's new primed.
But I shoot a lot of trap games so I keep plenty ahead.
I don't plan to fall back to the Obammy years.
Dave in Maine
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:30 am  Reply with quote

The sensible thing to do is buy when available - but don't be a hog about it - and more importantly buy on a regular basis when the political situation is favorable to us. That is when the folks who make and supply ammo need our business. Shoot some, stockpile some, matters not. There were a couple of local-to-me gun stores that went out circa 2018-19 because people were not buying. There were even a couple wholesale distributors that went bankrupt circa 2018-19 because people were not buying. There were also a lot of clearances, sales, and special deals on ammo then.

hayseed
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:11 am  Reply with quote

I’m with you Dave. I have a pretty decent stash, though I haven’t been shooting as much. The reason I have it isn’t because of hoarding. It’s because I bought when on sale and I’d pick up a extra flat or two, just so I don’t have to look for shells or pay regular price on short notice. The current climate makes me glad I did.
Sporting Days
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:10 pm  Reply with quote

Perhaps I am somewhat guilty of hoarding. I find myself with more ammo now than at any point in recent years.

I've got RST and RST Bismuth for the vintage 16s. I've got steel waterfowl loads for the modern 16s during duck season and BOSS nontoxic for all the other hunting with 16s (required here in CA). And then I have boxes of standard lead target loads for off-season clays work.

The retail shelves are empty -- yet my cupboards are full of cases and cases of 16 gauge ammo.
waggo71
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:09 pm  Reply with quote

I feel obliged to point out that there is a distinct difference between "hoarding" and bargain hunting or even collecting. Hoarding is a bunch of nasty clutter that overtakes a space and renders it useless and unsanitary, whereas picking up a couple cases of ammo here and there whenever you see a deal is just simply good sense. There is something very satisfying about getting a good deal, and a good deal back 25 years ago is most certainly a great deal now...for the last 30 years I've been picking up box of cartridges here, a case of shells there, a few tools at a garage sale every now and then, a knife or a zippo on occasion. These are all things that hold value and can be sold or traded if need be---investments, if you will. Hoarding is half-empty pizza boxes and canned goods that expired in 1962. Having a plethora of quality merchandise that will come in handy at some unspecified time down the road is just being prepared! Of course my wife did inquire once why I felt the need to have 47 double bit axes but you never can tell when you may need to split some wood...