16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  OT Trap O/U Guns
Brewster11
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:03 pm  Reply with quote

Went to the club past weekend to warm up the M12 16ga and joined up with a couple guys who were dusting targets like machines. One was a junior shooter with plenty of championship badges (we have a sizable junior program that frequently wins state).

Afterwards I gazed at their competition guns which looked like new Kolars, and asked what they were. He said they were fifteen hundred dollar Tristars which shot lights out and had zero mechanical issues after a season of heavy competition use. Just when I thought I had all the scatterguns I needed, along comes one I can’t resist.

B.
case 1775
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:41 am  Reply with quote

Brewster11 wrote:
Went to the club past weekend to warm up the M12 16ga and joined up with a couple guys who were dusting targets like machines. One was a junior shooter with plenty of championship badges (we have a sizable junior program that frequently wins state).

Afterwards I gazed at their competition guns which looked like new Kolars, and asked what they were. He said they were fifteen hundred dollar Tristars which shot lights out and had zero mechanical issues after a season of heavy competition use. Just when I thought I had all the scatterguns I needed, along comes one I can’t resist.

B.
I have used the Tristar also, and can't recommend it highly enough. It seemed like I just couldn't miss with it.

Hammer bill
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:17 pm  Reply with quote

Got a couple of trapshooting friends. They give the Tristar high remarks. These are guy that own coles kreigoffs, peewzees and all the high dollar shooters. Surprised me with their recomendations.
nj gsp
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:41 am  Reply with quote

Plenty of the Tristar trap guns at my club too. Kolars and Krieghoffs are rare at one club, but common at another I shoot at, but to me spending $15,000 or more on a shotgun doesn't make you a better shooter. The Tristar guns are really very good.