16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  looking for bismuth or tungsten shells
boon hogganbeck
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:17 pm  Reply with quote

Is anyone seeing any 20 gauge or 16 gauge non-steel non-toxic for sale? I can't find a thing online. Looking for something like #5 or #6 shot bismuth or tungsten. I've never gone waterfowl hunting period, but I found a local spot where I might be able to jump shoot some wood ducks in early season. By the time I figured out the access, well, the ammo shortage had begun... I'm in PA. I shoot older guns so steel is not an option. I'm really just looking for a box, no more. Thanks.
MSM2019
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:31 pm  Reply with quote

Try here:

https://bossshotshells.com/

boon hogganbeck
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:49 pm  Reply with quote

I keep looking there, but everything’s out of stock.
MSM2019
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:13 pm  Reply with quote

During this time period of low stock levels, I have found it more productive to use the phone.

Sometimes what is online and what is on the shelf are two different things.

boon hogganbeck
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:19 pm  Reply with quote

Good point. I’ll get on the horn.
oneeyednine1029
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:36 pm  Reply with quote

boon
I have some Kent T/M in 16 gauge #5 shot 1 /16th oz 1315fps .......and.....
I have some Bismuth in 20 gauge #6 shot 1 oz at 1200 fps..... I have several boxes of each if you're interested. A few years ago I started collecting Tungsten and Bismuth shells in all size shot and gauges. I have close to 1,000 rounds in everything from .410 to 10 gauge. Shoot me a DM , I'm sure we can get you set.

Savage Fox B model
1972 Reno double barrel
Mossberg model 190 bolt action
JC Higgins bolt action
boon hogganbeck
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:49 pm  Reply with quote

oneeyednine1029 wrote:
boon
I have some Bismuth in 20 gauge #6 shot 1 oz at 1200 fps..... I have several boxes of each if you're interested. A few years ago I started collecting Tungsten and Bismuth shells in all size shot and gauges. I have close to 1,000 rounds in everything from .410 to 10 gauge. Shoot me a DM , I'm sure we can get you set.

Thanks a lot!! I'll send you a DM.
1stgun
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:21 am  Reply with quote

oneeyednine1029 wrote:
boon

In my honest opinion, this is what this site should be all about. Not discussions, albeit behind the scenes, of conservative and liberal politicians and people.

Oneeye, bravo!

Chuck

67galaxie
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:28 am  Reply with quote

Boss and Backridge
Achorba
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:21 am  Reply with quote

boon hogganbeck, you sound like me on every shotgun forum to exist. Kent upland, hevi-bismuth upland (20/16 ga) and boss 20 gauge in 2.75 bismuth, I believe, have been put on the back burner. If I had to guess, manufacturers are producing what is in high demand, being 12 gauge loads. I was able to purchase boss 16 gauge 3/5’s last week and I occasionally see boss 3 inch 20 gauge in stock. I would suggest signing up for their email notification and I would bet they would have some available before November. As for the other makes, good luck. If you find some Kent or Hevi 20 in 2.75, let me know, please. I’m fairly certain I reached the end of the internet in my searches. I gave up when I thought I found some in stock at a remarkable price, but payment was required in the form of Walmart gift cards or Bitcoin…..don’t fall for the scams. They are preying on the desperate small bore wing shooters.
boon hogganbeck
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:03 am  Reply with quote

Achorba wrote:
boon hogganbeck, you sound like me on every shotgun forum to exist. Kent upland, hevi-bismuth upland (20/16 ga) and boss 20 gauge in 2.75 bismuth, I believe, have been put on the back burner. If I had to guess, manufacturers are producing what is in high demand, being 12 gauge loads. I was able to purchase boss 16 gauge 3/5’s last week and I occasionally see boss 3 inch 20 gauge in stock. I would suggest signing up for their email notification and I would bet they would have some available before November. As for the other makes, good luck. If you find some Kent or Hevi 20 in 2.75, let me know, please. I’m fairly certain I reached the end of the internet in my searches. I gave up when I thought I found some in stock at a remarkable price, but payment was required in the form of Walmart gift cards or Bitcoin…..don’t fall for the scams. They are preying on the desperate small bore wing shooters.

Hi Achorba, if I see anything like that, I'll let you know. A kind stranger hooked me up with some shells... I'm not a serious waterfowler at all, I just needed a handful to try out a wood duck spot (jump shooting). A couple days ago, I saw that Backridge Ammo had 16 gauge #6 shot, but now they seem to be out--I just checked again when I saw your post. They do have some 3" 20 gauge in stock, it seems.