16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Semi-inletted Stock
Achorba
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:40 pm  Reply with quote

I’m interested in replacing an early field style “perch belly” stock on a model 12. I would like to stay as close to original as possible. It’s been difficult finding anything used that isn’t cracked or chipped etc. Who is suggested for producing semi-inletted stocks? I looked in to Macon Gunstocks, and they produce the specific stock I want. After doing a little digging on other forums, it was discovered there were not too many nice things to be said about the company or their product. If it wasn’t bad service, folks said they received wooden clubs instead of a stock. Boyd’s does not appear to produce the field style stocks. Any assistance is appreciated.
skeettx
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:36 pm  Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=winchester+16+gauge.+perch&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&toolid=10001&mkcid=1&campid=5338792814&_odkw=Winchester+model+12+stock+20+gauge.+Perch&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0

Swampy16
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:52 am  Reply with quote

I’ve heard bad things about Macon. Keep looking, there are better options for inletted stocks.
fn16ga
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:59 am  Reply with quote

Swampy16 wrote:
I’ve heard bad things about Macon. Keep looking, there are better options for inletted stocks.

Yes stay away from them. I've had a couple bad experiences with them . Shame on me the second time.
Gordon Disharoon
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:36 am  Reply with quote

Try High Plains Gunstocks in Nebraska

Ohio Wirehair
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:07 am  Reply with quote

Try Ahlman's Guns.
Hammer bill
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:10 pm  Reply with quote

I've had several by Weinings out of Missouri. Just send them the stock and they'll duplicate it.
kgb
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:11 pm  Reply with quote

Show-Me Gunstocks will duplicate your stock, they have a lot of standard types on hand or can use your supplied stock for the copying action.

I sent them a blank and had them use their in-house sample to make a Ruger #1 semi-inlet. Am happy with the result.

[/URL]

Swampy16
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:58 pm  Reply with quote

kgb wrote:
Show-Me Gunstocks will duplicate your stock, they have a lot of standard types on hand or can use your supplied stock for the copying action.

I sent them a blank and had them use their in-house sample to make a Ruger #1 semi-inlet. Am happy with the result.

[/URL]

KGB, how close was your stock to being ready for finish? Can I ask what they charged you?
kgb
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:06 am  Reply with quote

Swampy16 wrote:
kgb wrote:

[/URL]

KGB, how close was your stock to being ready for finish? Can I ask what they charged you?

It's been a while, I think it was $125 plus shipping. I slid the stock about halfway onto the tangs before it stopped so there's plenty in the way of scraping to fit it up, my problem is deciding if I want to put it on my existing rifle or wait on another I've got in mind. The blank came from Mr.M over on Trapshooters.