16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Inflex Citori recoil pad
mcrewz
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:05 am  Reply with quote

About 1 month ago I purchased a 2021 shot show special 16ga citori hunter. It came with an inflex recoil pad, about 3/8-1/2". Im taller and need a longer Length of pull with my other citoris I just use a slip on recoil pad. They are ugly but form follows function.

Doing some searching I found browning makes a 1" inflex pad that is labeled A5 12 gauge. On a whim I thought I would order one and see if it fit. It did! Its not perfect, the screw holes line up, the length is right on, but there is a molding lip on the pad that stands about 1/32"ish proud (something that could be removed by patience and a steady hand).

I checked the pad against my 16ga and 20ga citori lightning and the pad fit the same way on those except the screw holes did not line up.

Just thought I would share with the group incase any one else is looking for more LOP or even just to change out the plastic butt plate.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/bst81001aa
df
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:49 am  Reply with quote

I’ve had several citoris re padded or put on a pad replacing the hard plastic butt plate. I’ve always had a gunsmith buy and install a grind to fit. They turned out great.