16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Lyman easy shot shell Reloader
stevesavage
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:41 am  Reply with quote

Does anyone still use theLyman easy Shot Shell Reloader? Mine loads very good shells, crimps well, measures shot and powder well. I use a separate tool to resize bases. I asked a similar question in another forum with no answer but these tools seem to work very well, especially compared to tools from their time.
MaximumSmoke
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:54 pm  Reply with quote

My Dad had one in 16 ga. when I was in high school in the '60's, and it worked OK, but had no "flexibility" of adjustment -- pretty crude. The Lyman EasyLoader is a hell of a lot better than the Lee LoadAll, though, even though it looks and generally operates similar to the LoadAll. I got a Lee LoadAll with a batch of reloading stuff I once bought. Tried it; couldn't stand it; gave it away -- but I digress. By the late 60's Dad replaced that Lyman with a MEC 600 for 16 gauge work -- far better. Though the price of the MEC was greater, it was money well spent. I still have that 600 -- it is one of the 8 MEC 600's and 700's I own. I use all those 600's and 700's for my hunting and experimental loads -- great tool for low volume work. Nonetheless, The Lyman EasyLoader, however simple and un-adjustable it is, is a worthwhile tool.
Bill K
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:54 am  Reply with quote

I have two (2) Lee LOAD-ALL II's - one in 12 GA and the other in 16 GA. I also have a vintage Lee Loader in 16 GA. For the amount of loading I do I'm satisfied. As long as you stick to published or established load recipes they do a very good job.

Browning Citori Upland 16 GA circa 2014
Darne R10 1962
Browning Sweet Sixteen 16 GA circa 1957
Savage Fox Sterlingworth 16 GA circa 1934
Jagdhund
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:49 pm  Reply with quote

I have both a 16 and a 12. I use card wads in many of my loads and the old Easys are much better at seating fiber wads in my opinion. On the other hand, I think the MECs I have make better crimps, so in effect, I often use both on the same rounds.

stevesavage
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:05 am  Reply with quote

Illike the separate slides for powder and shot. For me the easy loader is very flexible.