16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  16ga CZ O/U on sale BassPro/Cabela’s
Pathfinder41
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:48 am  Reply with quote

I’ve been looking for a 20ga over under recently and saw that Cabela’s/Bass Pro has their exclusive CZ Teal over under on sale for $200 off right now. Brings it down to $650. They have a 16ga model as well if anyone’s interested.

Says it weighs in at 8lbs though so a bit heavier, but from my reading the Teal is just a blued version of their Redhead Premier O/U which is supposed to be their flagship best made model.

Just putting it out there though in case anyone was interested. Have a happy new year Smile

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/cz-teal-overunder-shotgun
Dave in Maine
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:07 am  Reply with quote

I can't see such a gun weighing 6.9 lb in 20ga and 8 in 16ga other than if the 16ga gun is made on a 12ga frame.

It'd be almost mandatory for me to hold it in hand - put it on a scale, even - first.

Pbking51
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:26 am  Reply with quote

I got excited because I don't have an o/u 20 or 16 but it's only coming up $949.99 on my end. Went all the way too short of buying
nj gsp
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:22 pm  Reply with quote

Pbking51 wrote:
I got excited because I don't have an o/u 20 or 16 but it's only coming up $949.99 on my end. Went all the way too short of buying

Shows as $849 for me. I think the sale ended yesterday on 12/31, and when I looked then it was $649.
Pathfinder41
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:36 pm  Reply with quote

Yes unfortunately sale ended the day after I shared the post. I read that they put that model on sale a few times a year. Otherwise they do have a special version of the Stevens 555 with a plain silver finished receiver for $700. That’s regular price but not too much more than the CZ was. It’s a lighter alloy framed gun too. Believe it’s available in everything but 10ga.

Dave in Maine, I know what you mean, the 12ga is listed at slightly less than 8lbs too. All their other O/Us I’ve seen are on scaled frames so it makes me wonder if this one was an exception or if that weight is just a typo.