16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Tristar 16's , the auto
John1
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:46 am  Reply with quote

Yeah Chilly I saw your original post and I thought wow, that looks near exhibition grade walnut. Beautiful wood for sure and with the bronze receiver makes for a very handsome gun.

John
A5Gunner
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:26 am  Reply with quote

I bought one and I like it a lot. Length of pull is 14 1/2 which is long for me so I put on a kick-eez. Fit is great out of the box, haven't used shim yet. Point of aim is where it should be.

I shot a variety of loads at a patterning board. Ok so I didn't count shot cause i was having fun with my new toy. Shot some lead and steel. Patterns much better with tighter chokes as far as even spread goes. IC is not a good option with this particular gun. It likes the modified choke with most loads.

Fit and finish is pretty good. recoil is mild a it should be. Now if I only knew the front bead thread so I could switch out that red for a less noticeable brass or white. Rolling Eyes

Well worth the low price. I am happy. Very Happy
A5Gunner
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:26 am  Reply with quote

I bought one and I like it a lot. Length of pull is 14 1/2 which is long for me so I put on a kick-eez. Fit is great out of the box, haven't used shim yet. Point of aim is where it should be.

I shot a variety of loads at a patterning board. Ok so I didn't count shot cause i was having fun with my new toy. Shot some lead and steel. Patterns much better with tighter chokes as far as even spread goes. IC is not a good option with this particular gun. It likes the modified choke with most loads.

Fit and finish is pretty good. recoil is mild a it should be. Now if I only knew the front bead thread so I could switch out that red for a less noticeable brass or white. Rolling Eyes

Well worth the low price. I am happy. Very Happy
16gaDavis
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:21 am  Reply with quote

white finger nail polish will take care of the bead color - see what wifey has to offer !!

A5Gunner
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:57 pm  Reply with quote

16gaDavis wrote:
white finger nail polish will take care of the bead color - see what wifey has to offer !!

Nah, no need to bother the wifey. I can unscrew it, it is one of those fiber optic short pipes. I just don't want to buy three beads to figure out which one fits. In other words, I am cheap but not that cheap. Laughing
Hammer bill
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:37 pm  Reply with quote

I'm thinking pretty hard about 16 Tristar auto. I've got a 25-06 considering to sell. Trouble is I really like it. Had it for years but never shot it enough to justify having it. Bill
Charlie16ga
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:20 pm  Reply with quote

I stumbled on this tonight: http://www.comp-n-choke.com/product/CBen16g.html
Do you suppose these were made to use with the TriStar G2? If no one knows I might reach out this week and inquire.

02' Rem 870 Exp
53' Rem 870 Wing
53' Mar 90 DT
50' Mar 90 DT
47' Rem 31L
46' Win 12 (2)
33' Rem 31
nj gsp
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:58 pm  Reply with quote

Hammer bill wrote:
I'm thinking pretty hard about 16 Tristar auto. I've got a 25-06 considering to sell. Trouble is I really like it. Had it for years but never shot it enough to justify having it. Bill

I’ve been thinking about getting a 25-06 for years. Don’t need one either, but would still love to have one. If you decide to sell let me know what you have!