16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  16ga knife
FallCreekFan
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:44 pm  Reply with quote

A few years ago we had Case build a custom 16ga Society knife for a bunch of us here. The other day a fellow 16ga shooter saw mine and loved it. Mine isn’t for sale but I told him I’d ask if any of you would like to sell yours. If so, PM me and I’ll get you connected.
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:34 pm  Reply with quote

I loved mine and used it as my everyday carry knife. At the cabin grouse hunting it was my main steak knife among other things.

Last summer used the IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center in town to fight the Affordable Health Care Penalty the IRS decided to charge me. Technically they said it was not a penalty but a tax. But she agreed it was a penalty. Despite being retired military and covered under Tricare. And for the last 20+ years have worked at the #1 ranked hospital in the US, yeah guess I have health care LOL.

Anyhow the Assistance Center is a Federal program and the knife was not allowed on site. Had to run back to the truck and store it then run back up for my appointment. It disappeared out of my truck when I went back, always lock it but guess was in a hurry and didn't.

FallCreekFan should get the first one offered up. Period. But if someone else wants to sell theirs after he gets one for his friend I am in the market.

It took 7 months but I did win my case with the IRS for the 3 years they tried to falsely charge me the penalty. Wasn't worth losing my knife over despite not having to pay thousands of dollars, it should have never happened to start with. /Rant Off.
Swampy16
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:10 pm  Reply with quote

What about having another run made?
Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:15 pm  Reply with quote

Gentlemen,

Yes I would like to have one for sure, if another run is made.
Let me know where to send the money!

all the best,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers
win7stw
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:43 am  Reply with quote

I’d like one as well

MSM2019
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:01 am  Reply with quote

The one I have is used just about daily for one purpose or another. I would be interested in another knife also.

MaximumSmoke
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:20 pm  Reply with quote

Never had one. I think they were gone before I joined. What was the price to a member of one of the original batch? Any guess what each might cost if a new batch is made? I suppose it depends on how many of us will sign up for one or more. I would commit to purchase one, at least tentatively depending on how many of us would sign up and the price projection. Thanks.

1stgun
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:02 pm  Reply with quote

I would reference everyone to member "dannypratt"s post dated Feb 20, 2019. He was the person who initiated the knife idea. Danny had some challenges and had to drop out.

It was then that member "Putz463" picked up the project. Reference his post of Aug 11, 2019 or page 17 of the above mentioned dannypratt thread.

If you like reading a good struggle you can read all 24 pages on the "knife" thread.

Anyway, Putz was the one that set up the first run and may still have the mechanics in place for another.

Regards,
Chuck

ps Putz remember to make the case an option on the order form.

1stgun
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:02 pm  Reply with quote

I would reference everyone to member "dannypratt"s post dated Feb 20, 2019. He was the person who initiated the knife idea. Danny had some challenges and had to drop out.

It was then that member "Putz463" picked up the project. Reference his post of Aug 11, 2019 or page 17 of the above mentioned dannypratt thread.

If you like reading a good struggle you can read all 24 pages on the "knife" thread.

Anyway, Putz was the one that set up the first run and may still have the mechanics in place for another.

Regards,
Chuck

1stgun
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:03 pm  Reply with quote

Regards,
Chuck

skeettx
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:44 pm  Reply with quote

I think mine was an original issue

fin2feather
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:56 pm  Reply with quote

The Case Bird Knife was the original Society knife. The Trapper that Cold Iron shows was the second run. I already had a Case Bird Knife so I didn't order one; wish now I would have.

I feel a warm spot in my heart when I meet a man whiling away an afternoon...and stopping to chat with him, hear the sleek lines of his double gun whisper "Sixteen." - Gene Hill, Shotgunner's Notebook
BWW
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:59 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah, I would be very interested unless the price is close to the Moon.

Bob
putz463
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:16 pm  Reply with quote

Kinda similar story; visiting a museum display of Egyptian artifacts the doorman mentioned that my knife wasn't welcome, my truck 4 stories up across the street in a parking garage, so, discreetly buried it in the landscaping out front, luckily it was there when we finished our visit.

Gents, nice to see the last knife project that dannypratt initiated is so well regarded. True, the pic of the knife Skeettx shared is the original run (wish I had one of those) and the knives in Cold Iron' pic were from the run in '19 that I helped shepherd. With this rekindled interest I preemptively called my contact at Case Knives to test the waters and she shared that due to C19 and subsequent supply chain issues that they have reduced their model offerings and have limited inventory on all models for the foreseeable future. The very popular 2 blade Trapper model we picked for the last run has an ~1yr lead time at the moment with no guarantee of that timeline. There are other models available and she shared that if the interest could include other models it would be possibly worth looking into. Of note; the Sportsman's Series (7 different game animal likenesses laser etched in the opposite scale to the 16ga Society logo scale) that we took advantage of in the last run isn't offered in this current environment.

Although I'd be happy to re-shepherd a similar project, my common sense is telling me that we should wait it out for a little bit. Thoughts?

putz463
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:44 am  Reply with quote

After a couple inquiries, $'s last go'round, all elective; knife $92, Sheath $22, 16ga site maint. donation $5. Rote; USPS FRB $10.

If/when the project gets going again, safe assumption these prices will be different.