16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Iside 16 ga frame
hunterdau2
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:21 pm  Reply with quote

Been looking at them on GI but don't know what would be a good deal . Any help would be appreciated.
stevesavage
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:45 pm  Reply with quote

Anyone with a straight yes or no on frame size. I believe 12 gauge and 16 gauge side by sides are on the same frame.
hunterdau2
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:53 pm  Reply with quote

From the reply i received from F.A.I.R the 16 is on a 12 frame.
hunterdau2
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:51 pm  Reply with quote

Just bought a 16 gauge Iside single trigger s x s . The frame if it is a 12 frame is small , the balance is great and weight is about 6 lbs . Looking forward to trying it out on pheasants next weekend. Went to a gun show to look at a English s x s and happened upon this , picked it up and loved the feel , it came to to eye like it was made for me.
double vision
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:55 am  Reply with quote

hunterdau2 wrote:
Just bought a 16 gauge Iside single trigger s x s . The frame if it is a 12 frame is small , the balance is great and weight is about 6 lbs . Looking forward to trying it out on pheasants next weekend. Went to a gun show to look at a English s x s and happened upon this , picked it up and loved the feel , it came to to eye like it was made for me.

Good for you, hunterdau2. The frame size issue is so overblown. I once owned a Merklel 1620 which is built on a Merkel 20 frame. At the time I also had a Ruger Gold Label which is a 12 gauge, and the Merkel 1620 frame dwarfed the Gold Label frame.

In my experience the guys who fret about frames sizes, thin wrists, etc. aren't very good shots. All hat, no cattle.
Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:02 am  Reply with quote

Hunterdau2,

If you are serious about looking for a good L.C. Smith double gun, drop me some e-male at pine-creek@live.com and I will be glad to help you.

There is a 16 gauge L.C. Smith Field Grade on GI right now GI 101869466 Real nice gun in almost pristine condition. You might want to call Micheal Murphy & Sons, the telephone number in in the GI listing.

all the best,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers
hunterdau2
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:25 pm  Reply with quote

Thank's Dave , I will be looking later this year for a classic in L.C. Smith or another older American double . Have to take it easy with the boss (wife) . She thinks I have too many guns now.
As to the Iside the frame is not oversized by much maybe .010 if that around the barrels . Looking forward to taking it to the range or the pheasant farm this weekend . If I go to the range have to listen how much better an o/u is to a s x s .