16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  New Bristol Silver 16 gauge SXS double gun
Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:00 am  Reply with quote

Gentlemen,

TriStar is now offering a 16 gauge Bristol Siver SXS double gun. The gun looks to be a real decent gun for the money. Metal Breech work on real 16 gauge frame, Semi Pistol Grip, SST with coil springs & ejectors, 5 Beretta Screw in chokes & selective Safety, 28" Chrome Lined Barrels, 2 3/4" Chambers, Turkish Walnut wood, gun weight 6.5 Lbs.

Gun looks to be a real nice modern offering for $1130.00 on the TriStar web page. I will definitely be taking a closer look at this new 16 gauge Bristol Silver SXS Double Gun. They are advertising the gun as competition grade at field grade pricing. The engineering in this new 16 gauge double gun does look sound, especially for the asking price, with 5 Year Warranty.

all the best,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers
silverbowff
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:27 am  Reply with quote

They also offer the 16 with an English stock and case color frame for $1190.00. I have one in .410, well made and a delight to shoot.

A5 Sweet Sixteen
Husqvarna model 49 16
Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:45 pm  Reply with quote

SilverBowl,

Right you are, however I much prefer the Bristol Silver with the conservative engraving. I do wish the Bristol Silver 16 gauge guns had the option of DT's, but they only come with the SST. I do like the 28" Barrels, I also wish the gun was available with 26" barrels and extractors for my Grouse & Woodcock hunting in the thick forest. However the 28" Barrels look good, I can live with the ejectors also. Now I would like to get my hands on one of the 16 gauge guns, to see how well balanced they are. The 16 gauge gun in the Video, with the Gun Dog publisher did look real classy. I am not actually sure just which manufacturer and location, the gun is being made, I will do some more investigating and find out however, before I purchase a gun. I purchased the CZ Bob White G2 gun because it had the up graded coil springs and DT. The Bristol Silver gun already comes with the Coil Springs, but no DT. For what I am hearing the Silver gun has decent trigger pull at 4.0 and 4.5 lbs. This also sounds real good to me, however the TriStar guns still have a way to go to compete with the American Classic double guns, especially where their triggers are concerned.

all the best,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers