16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  Old Paper Hulls looking for a home
putz463
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:05 pm  Reply with quote

Someone dropped off a bunch (~800 by weight) of older 16ga paper hulls the other day at the club. In a very brief inspection all appear to be; 209 primed, some de-primed, by and large once fired, very well stored through the years IOW... in pretty good (seemingly re-loadable) shape all things considered.

Some head stamps; Peters, Hiawatha, Monark, Rem, Western, JC Higgins, Fed, etc.

[URL=https://www.jpgbox.com/page/69475_600x400/] [/URL]

[URL=https://www.jpgbox.com/page/69476_600x400/] [/URL]

Please don't ask a bunch of detailed questions, I don't know much/anything about them just simply paying a windfall forward to the forum and it's paper hull enthusiast's. In that light I don't need anything for them except covering the shipping cost. If wanting them (don't want to mess with partials) PM with shipping address and then we'll look at remunerating via PP. Hoping not to toss'em in the recycle bin.....

RGuill96971
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:23 pm  Reply with quote

Pm sent
hoashooter
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:55 pm  Reply with quote

Gotta love the paper hulls----what does IOW stand for?????
putz463
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:02 am  Reply with quote

In Other Words.....

The hulls have been spoken for and there are 2 requests in the que. RGuill96971 you're #2 in line so if requester #1 fails to transfer funds within a reasonable amount of time they're yours so pretty sure they have found a home.

Pretty interesting looking through some of the loading's... 1 1/4oz 1B, 2, 4 & 6, this person must have spent some time in a Duck or Goose blind and probably took advantage of all the Pheasants back in the day before the epic '70's blizzard wiped out the upper mid West' population. Some 1oz #9 skeet specials. Neat stuff.

Aside; keeping 2- Rem 10ga papers found in the pile for my collection that read...KLEENBORE, EXTRA LONG RANGE on one side and the other... MAGNUM, FOR MODERN GUNS, 3 1/2 INCH CHAMBERS, MINIMUM WEIGHT 10 1/2 LBS...nothing else...it's nice to know Rem was more concerned with the health and well being of the gun and shooter than reminding folks what was acually in the shell. Fun stuff.....

RGuill96971
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:55 am  Reply with quote

[quote="putz463"]In Other Words.....

The hulls have been spoken for and there are 2 requests in the que. RGuill96971 you're #2 in line so if requester #1 fails to transfer funds within a reasonable amount of time they're yours so pretty sure they have found a home.

Yes sir, I am standing by. Keep me posted please. Thanks
AmericanMeet
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:26 am  Reply with quote

I would like some paper hulls but I know there are others on the site that are really addicted to the smell of powder-burnt paper and I wouldn't want to deprive anyone of their fix Wink Wink