16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  How many 16's do you guys have, and what are they?
ckirk
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:18 pm  Reply with quote

Britgun,

My daughter's name is Ainsley. It's the female Gaelic version of Ansley (as in Ansley H. Fox). My wife says it means "from the pasture land of the noble". I, on the other hand, am content telling people we named her based on my affinity for fine shotguns. I make sure to stand just out of my wife's reach when making that statement.
britgun
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:18 am  Reply with quote

ckirk wrote:
Britgun,

My daughter's name is Ainsley. It's the female Gaelic version of Ansley (as in Ansley H. Fox). My wife says it means "from the pasture land of the noble". I, on the other hand, am content telling people we named her based on my affinity for fine shotguns. I make sure to stand just out of my wife's reach when making that statement.

Ahhhh HAAA, Gotcha, lovely name, by the way, and I won't mention to your wife it's TRUE meaning.... Smile

Win71
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:15 pm  Reply with quote

I just recently got into the 16 gauge and this forum. Three weeks ago I aquired my first a Winchester model 12, 28" modified, about 85%, made in 1940 at the Birch Run, Michigan Gunshow. Today I bought my second 16 gauge model 12 at the Midland Michigan Show, a 26" full choke, about 95& original finish, 2 9/16" chamber, made in 1923. These two 16's will be going to Clark, South Dakota with me this October.
britgun
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:54 pm  Reply with quote

Win71 wrote:
I just recently got into the 16 gauge and this forum. Three weeks ago I aquired my first a Winchester model 12, 28" modified, about 85%, made in 1940 at the Birch Run, Michigan Gunshow. Today I bought my second 16 gauge model 12 at the Midland Michigan Show, a 26" full choke, about 95& original finish, 2 9/16" chamber, made in 1923. These two 16's will be going to Clark, South Dakota with me this October.

Fantastic! My first 16 was a Model 12..... this will evolve, I can assure you.... my 15 yr old son has claimed that Model 12 and shoots it better than I ever did! have fun!

brit

UncleDanFan
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:06 am  Reply with quote

I only have one at the moment, a 30" Lefever H, which is an absolute dream to shoot. Next up: an A-5 or the new BPS, and someday I would like a 5.5-6lb short-barreled dedicated quail/grouse gun. Maybe a Frenchie, or a Belgian gun.
Golfswithwolves
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:02 am  Reply with quote

Only one 16 gauge in my gun safe at home, but it is a good one: Winchester Model 12 with a 26" barrel and modified choke. It handles very much like a fine double barrel bird gun, and I enjoy it a lot. Perfect for South Dakota birds of all kinds. Very Happy