16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  CZ Redhead 16
putz463
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:49 am  Reply with quote

Does anyone on here have one of these CZ Redhead 16 gauge O/U's?

A Godson is eyeing one, 28" fixed M/IC so I thought I'd ask for opinions. Any info appreciated.

Riflemeister
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:44 am  Reply with quote

I've got the DeHaan equivalent O/U in 16 ga, and other than being fixed chokes, it's a pretty nice gun.

dannypratt
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:40 am  Reply with quote

I had the original HUGLU model with the false side plates about 20 years ago...right before CZ started importing...

Excellent gun. Really really well made, and at that time 600.00 out the door...case hardened, 28" fixed, black chrome barrels, hand checkered stocks, selective single trigger.... best $ I ever spent....lots of sideways glances from friends, "hmmm....Turkish?....not sure about that" etc....until they shot it....."where did you get this? Etc"

People say Turkish guns are suspect. I'm sure some definitely are. HUGLU guns are not. They've always been (60yrs ago) good guns....the CZ is still made by HUGLU...

Sure, it's not a Citori, but its not junk either. And it might be a little heavier (mine was EXACTLY 7lbs) but recoil was nothing at all, and it balanced wonderfully, so it didn't feel like 7lbs.

I weigh 170 and am 5'8.....I feel recoil all day. Those guns are smooth Shooters, and they are ultra reliable. I traded mine towards a Beretta 20ga 686s...great gun...gin... hit anything with it and at 5.5lbs it beat the snot out of me...when I sold it and decided to get a CZ imported HUGLU identical to my previous model they were now 1000.00....I bought my umpteenth Browning Auto-5 which was there instead....all of those have moved along too (simply for profit...an Auto-5 is King in my book)

Tell him to get it now, before everybody figures out they are getting a bargain.

I should have bought the HUGLU guns in every gauge and called it good.

putz463
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:57 am  Reply with quote

Thank for the info, I know their pistols are highly regarded, the one he's eyeing looks to be in great shape for slightly used, single trigger not my cup of tea but to each their own. I'll try and loop back with a report if he lets me shoot it or at the very least his impression of it.

Thanks again,