16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  WW CF 16 gauge hulls
MSM2019
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:46 am  Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by MSM2019 on Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

WyoChukar
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:31 pm  Reply with quote

Sent the fellow a PM and an offer...but perhaps somebody beat me to it. If so, congrats to whoever got this batch of hulls. If not, then two of us here will have a good bunch of plastic to refill.

NCTarheel
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:33 am  Reply with quote

I dislike throwing something away that has value I think someone else can use. I like to help people. So when I learned there were people desperately trying to locate 16 gauge empty hulls, I decided it was time to unload the 16 gauge empties I had stashed away to help someone that could really use them. I actually thought when I made my original post someone would contact me and make a FMV offer. By doing that, the person would acknowledge the empty hulls did have real value, my time and cooperation to fulfill their need had value and there was boxing and postage to add as expenses. But not one person made a FMV offer. There were several requests for me to split the lot, but to do that added to my expenses and consumed more of my time. I preferred not to do that. Then came the commentary from other posters. Then one poster suggested if I really wanted to sell I should provide a monetary amount, so people would have some guidance what I wanted for the empty hulls. I posted what I know to be a FMV amount, but I was criticized for an amount that was too much. None of you know me. I don't know you. But my intention was to find someone who really was in need who was willing to pay FMV and approached me with a FMV offer, without having an agenda to see how cheap they can steal them and then brag about it. I figured if someone made me an offer somewhere between $125-$200 they were legit, and I had my purchaser. But that didn't happen. I was made out to be the bad guy. I have committed to send the Federal purple hulls to a new home. I still have the remaining 1070 empty hulls. If someone wants the remaining 1070 for $220, I am receptive to your inquiry. I have an inquiry about purchasing the Winchester CF hulls, and I will respond.
WyoChukar
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:42 am  Reply with quote

Actually, I did make an offer in the dollar range you specified, just a few days ago. Since the Fed hulls are now gone, I will send you another PM. Thank you.

fourtimes4
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:11 pm  Reply with quote

Sir I also sent you a private message on 8/11 with an offer at the high end of your expectation. I actually sent a second when I didn’t receive a response thinking I had not sent properly. Sorry we didn’t connect.

I joined this group some years ago for 2 reasons. First my love for the gauge. I was given my first 16 ga. 49 years ago on my 16th birthday from my Dad. That was all it took to make this a life long enjoyment of this gauge.

Secondly this site had a wealth of knowledge shared on a very civil level. Unlike most sites that I had visited I felt welcomed here and so many helped with some of the simplistic questions I asked. It would be a crying shame for this site to turn into another condescending nasty shotgun site that exist all over the net. The level of respect that was exercised here is slipping and only the members can regain that through civility.

FMV is a vague term when attempting to apply it to reloading components. I justify or rationalize prices of recently purchased components by current inventory and level of enjoyment. Face it we live in a world of high demand & low supply so high prices are the result. I have a limit I set on myself based on me as each of you probably do as well. Understanding this is why I remain silent when someone has something for sale I am passing on. My 2 cents for whatever it’s worth. Good day gentlemen.
NCTarheel
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:19 pm  Reply with quote

WyoChukar/fourtimes4,
Both of your offers were received after I posted the price of $220 including shipping and after I had committed the Federal Purple shells.
NCTarheel
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:13 am  Reply with quote

Pending the receipt of funds the lot of 16 gauge empty hulls has sold.