16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  16 ga Triple Barrel
Citori16
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:21 am  Reply with quote

I think a triple barrel in a duck or goose blind would be fantastic, especially if I have some selection for which barrel is firing. Multiple triggers or selector switch would be equally fine to me..

Upland would be fun with the lighter weight. With the exception of quail hunting which I do way too infrequently, I don’t often see three birds in the air, but I have had 3 bird opportunities with delayed flushes.

Not sure about anyone else, but after taking one shot I typically wait expecting a flush before I open the gun to reload, & then I am very quick about it. If I get two shots off I reload as fast as possible. 3 barrels might make that a little easier…unless you have to reload 3 shells.

Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:34 pm  Reply with quote

Citori16,

Yep the 3 barrel gun would be nice for a delayed Grouse flush, especially if you took a Grouse on the 2nd shot, and a delayed flush of a 3rd bird happened. The 28 would be a real fine 3 barreled gun for sure. My Grandfather & Father would not be happy with me hunting Grouse with a 3 barreled gun, only 2 shot allowed in our traditional Grouse hunting family. Heck they did not even allow a pump or Semi-auto loaded with 3 shell.
They might have been more forgiving of the 3 barreled Grouse gun, but maybe not.
At any rate the guns are very expensive, and I would probably invest in another graded L.C. Smith double gun instead.

all the best,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers