16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Rizzini Competition 16 Help
DUKFVR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:20 pm  Reply with quote

For those that have one or handled them. How do the 30 and 32 in barrels compare on feel etc? No one handles them around me. I have handled a BR110 12 ga with 29 in barrels and one dealer told me the 16 gauge in the 110 would be about the same because of receiver size being the same. From what I hear the comp 16 is scaled to a 16, so thinking it would feel better. Any feedback would be greatly Appreciated , because if I order one it will be taking a chance on it feeling right etc.
Thanks!
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:45 am  Reply with quote

Well here are all 3 mentioned from last week

The 32" Comp 16 with custom Briley tubes is mine. And of the 3 glad I went with it. The Comp is scaled to size over the BR110 which is on a 12 ga. frame.

The BR110 IMO would make a heck of a skeet gun. The Comp 16 in 30" a great all around clays gun. I am happy that I went with the 32" Comp. For me. Feel is such a personal thing it is hard to tell without handling and better yet shooting them. But they are also somewhat similar if that makes sense. They are all great handling guns at least for me.

I also have two 12 ga. Vertex first generation B. Rizzini guns, my son was the ATA Mn. State Class runner up with one of them at the age of 14. He turned 32 today and has ~100,000 rounds through it without any issues. I also have a 32" 20 ga. BR110 Sporter that I shoot extremely well. So guess you could say I am a big fan of Rizzini guns. Including Battista's brother Isidoro guns. I'm sitting here looking at 3 FAIR Iside's all in 16 ga. of course. 30" DT, 28" DT and a 28" ST. After shooting 5 stand tomorrow I should know which 2 are going to make the cut for grouse season next month.
DUKFVR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:59 am  Reply with quote

Thanks Cold Iron!!
I tend to shoot longer barreled autos, so the 32 is probably the best route for me if I can convince myself the comp gun is the way to go over a BR110. Quite a bit more for the comp, but like the sound of the comp more. Do you have any pros or cons against either?
Thanks again for your post and have a great weekend!
Sporting Days
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:07 pm  Reply with quote

I've got the 30-inch B. Rizzini Comp 16. The gun is straight-up amazing and pretty much breaks targets all by itself somehow. Bit of a wake-up call when you go back to using your 16 gauge bird gun and start missing some birds and targets as happened to me recently on a Sept. 1 dove hunt.

I'm a B. Rizzini fan as well and I would go with the Comp 16 over the BR110 due to the scaled 16 gauge frame. As was mentioned, the BR110 16s are built on a 12-gauge frame, which might be fine for a target gun but there is just something, well, sweet about using a 16 gauge target gun built on a true 16 gauge frame.

I will add that the new Comp 16s come with an adjustable comb, which is nice.
DUKFVR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:12 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks Sporting!
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:32 pm  Reply with quote

Sporting Days wrote:
I've got the 30-inch B. Rizzini Comp 16. The gun is straight-up amazing and pretty much breaks targets all by itself somehow. Bit of a wake-up call when you go back to using your 16 gauge bird gun and start missing some birds and targets as happened to me recently on a Sept. 1 dove hunt.

I'm a B. Rizzini fan as well and I would go with the Comp 16 over the BR110 due to the scaled 16 gauge frame. As was mentioned, the BR110 16s are built on a 12-gauge frame, which might be fine for a target gun but there is just something, well, sweet about using a 16 gauge target gun built on a true 16 gauge frame.

I will add that the new Comp 16s come with an adjustable comb, which is nice.

I will also add that B. Rizzini guns are a lot more than a bit pregnant in weight compared to FAIR guns even with the alloy receivers on the B. Guns.

i recall well when Battisi sued his brother Isidoro FAIR over the rights of the name Rizzini in the US.

Which is why now Rizzini means B. Rizzini. And FAiR is a different animal.

B. Rizzini for clays. FAIR for feathers IME.

In B. Rizzini sitting on 4 of them curently. And 5 F.A.I.R.S. Most in 16