16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Looking for recommendations on ultrasonic cleaners
Citori16
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:56 pm  Reply with quote

I have read they work great for receivers without taking it down to tiny pieces. Only one I’ve ever used was for the wife’s jewelry. I’m thinking about one for me & one for my son’s Christmas present (he has ARs & pistols as well as shotguns). Have been looking on Amazon but not real sure of what I am buying, so any recommendations or advice would be great.

fourtrax57
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:55 am  Reply with quote

I use a smaller one for shotgun trigger groups, pistol parts etc. One large enough to do a shotgun receiver / body will be fairly expensive. Regardless, whatever your looking for you also need a solvent to use in it. When evaluating what to purchase note volume / measurement of the parts / solvent pan so it can hold the size parts you wish to clean. Ultrasonic cleaners do a great job of removing dirt and metal filings from manufacture of the firearm. Industry has been using ultrasonic parts cleaners for decades. Unit I have will remove filings etc from gun parts that likely have been imbedded where you cant see them despite repeated take down / cleaning for years.