16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  Junk box
Hammer bill
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:53 am  Reply with quote

What in John Henry is that. Anybody speak with common language anymore. I'm not in the least interested in this new tech stuff .
RGuill96971
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:09 am  Reply with quote

yep, I am still here. I don't use abbreviations or any of that crap. I am with you I want nothing to do with it. Hell, I have to look them up to see what they mean.
Pine Creek/Dave
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:28 pm  Reply with quote

Bill,

Having been taught the military abbreviated code, I picked up on the tech crap pretty easily, however i still like spelling out my wording to get exacting meaning. I really do believe the tech version of the abbreviated code, is mostly used because the modern kids really do not know how to use correct english terminology. The military abbreviated code is way more complex than this tech crap, so not many civilian people use it. The Deaf people have their American Sign Language which I am fluent in, because of my totally deaf daughter. Now this American Sign Language is way more complex than the tech crap also.

all the best,

Pine Creek/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers
hoashooter
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:01 pm  Reply with quote

It's like 2 or 3 languages are now in use Evil or Very Mad
RGuill96971
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:44 pm  Reply with quote

Pine creek Dave:
I not going to disagree with you to much here. As a former military person, yes, we use different words then most civilian folks, but there is a reason for that. Most of it falls in the category as not to confuse people when calling for different things like indirect or direct fire. Not so good when the guy launching those babies thinks you said "D", but really meant "B. So much easier to say delta or bravo. I will agree that these young people don't know how to communicate, but most of the people that I see on these forums are not young people. Yes., the young people are lazy. Yesterday I was on another forum and the person used "LEO" ok 3 strokes to type that. Why not just say cop. Same three stokes and everyone knows what a cop is.
And I don't use military lingo unless I'm taking to someone that also knows that lingo.