16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Adding Cast to Citori
Brewster11
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:31 pm  Reply with quote

Been greatly enjoying our monthly registered skeet shoots (actually won a ham last month albeit with awful score) and starting to edge into competitive C class scores with the 16 ga Citori. We have an outstanding club including some AA/AAA shooters and everyone is super nice and encouraging. It’s great fun.

Most of our top shooters have competition guns, but not all. Some of our best shoot 1100s, Beretta and the like.

So I’m starting to look for an edge here and there. I’ve found an excellent 7/8 oz load so we’re solid there. The Citori actually suits me very well but it might need a little RH cast.

Here’s the question: how practical is it to bend a little cast off to the Citori? It’s a standard short tang model. With that adjustment I might be good for a while. (I must confess, one of our young hot shots does very well with a Blaser F3 that caught my eye).

TIA
B.
putz463
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:13 am  Reply with quote

If you haven't seen this, you may find this thread interesting....

http://www.16ga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24254&start=0

Also, tried to do a search for The Stock Doctor but had no luck, a member who I haven't seen a post from in some time. TSD was a wealth of knowledge regarding stock bending along with the 2 members in the thread link.

And in a similar inquiry for adding cast to my Citori TSD warned that some Citori stocks had metal tubes in the wrist areas (not sure if upland special specific) that made bending next to impossible.

Best of luck with the modification.

707PS
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:08 am  Reply with quote

I have bent several of my own shotguns in the past. Two were browning citori’s. If you would like to chat about my email is jsbugleridge@gmail.com.
John
Brewster11
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:56 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks John, email sent.
B.