16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  16ga For Sporting Clays
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:35 pm  Reply with quote

Brewster11 wrote:
That Rizzini is exactly what I’m talking about, very nice! But I don’t see them anywhere. Was it a special order?

B.

Both those guns came from Pacific Sporting Arms. They sell quickly when they get them in stock. There are a few other stores that sell them. Guns International is a good place to keep an eye open for them. But can't hesitate very long when one shows up as it will be gone in short order.
chilly460
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:52 am  Reply with quote

As stated, the Rizzini Comp 16 fits the request perfectly. I bought a used one with 30” barrels, and I don’t see any difference between it and my Beretta 694 for sporting scores. The Comp, as far as I know, is the only full race sporting 16 on the market, and the barrels interchange with my Rizzini field guns. I’m sure you can dial up Perazzi and have an MX16 optioned to make it a Sporting type configuration but from what I know that would be a $20k proposition.
Cold Iron
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:25 am  Reply with quote

The 16 ga. BR110 is another option because of weight. 29" to the right of the Comp 16's.

Pretty sure the middle 30" Comp 16 is the one Chilly ended up with. And he is right John at PSA has told me more than once Perazzi would be glad to make me a bespoke MX16. Was well before COVID and he estimated ~$20k. John and some others have imported older Perazzi clay guns in the past, fixed chokes. They show up from time to time on GI and GB at around $5K. Not sure how much a custom ordered MX16 would cost today but do know it is out of my paygrade.
chilly460
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:56 am  Reply with quote

Yes, that’s the gun, I recognize the brown pad. I actually just had it replaced with an orange pad for a bit less LOP.
Sporting Days
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:12 pm  Reply with quote

The Comp 16 is amazing ... Seems to break targets all by itself. I ordered mine directly through Rizzini USA in Utah:

https://www.rizziniusa.com/comp-16/
Hammer bill
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:45 am  Reply with quote

df wrote:
I shoot a lot of sporting clays with a 16 ga, 28” grade III citori. I’m just shooting with friends, not registered rounds. I can’t tell the difference between that gun and my 12 ga beretta.

I have a 26" white lighting 325. For sporting works great. Also great for skeet. Sometimes I put my 28Tubes in ans still shoot the same average.
Citori16
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:24 am  Reply with quote

Last summer while my 16ga WL was at the smith, I shot SC with my Grade 6 Citori once, and then switched over to my Model 2 Sarasqueta, for 3 shoots. Each worked fine with Cyl & IC chokes, #9 1 oz spreaders for most shots, with some 1-1/8 oz #8 for the further ones. I do not bother with switching chokes, only loads. The Sarasqueta is fixed chokes with double triggers.

My buddy (arguably the best skeet shooter in my club) shot with his Ceasar Guerini 12 ga, was usually ahead of me by 4 or 5, though I closed in to about 3 towards the end of the summer.

My daughter shot with her 20 ga A400, absolutely crushed some rabbits that almost the whole field struggled with.

Shoot what you feel most comfortable with, try some different guns that others have or suggest. I always shoot low gun so I prefer a light gun for a quick mount, but that's just me.

gunsrus
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:22 am  Reply with quote

Just started Clays . I was shooting a Browning 525 12 gauge with 32". It was OK but I'm old and it's heavy. I bought a Browning 525 16 with 32" when they came out and decided it was time to use it . I liked it sooo much better and shot it better .
Recently bought a 725 28 gauge w 32" and actually scores go up . I'm too old to be competing with the best but I hold my own . I am happy with both .