16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  BPS 16 gage
Wolfchief
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:47 pm  Reply with quote

oldhunter: I can get one new to me that would do anything I needed it to do, for not much more than $555...but I have placed an order for the BPS and will be interested in shooting it when it arrives...unless my dealer tells me it will cost more than $555,,,, because why pay more than the company's list price?

LGF
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:52 pm  Reply with quote

Scolari, I believe it was $495.
gunflint charlie
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:47 pm  Reply with quote

16gaugeguy -- The Browning website now shows the BPS upland with 26" barrels with nominal weight of 7 lbs. I'd consider ordering one at 6-3/4 lbs., but this is a little more weight than I'd like. Do you have any inside info from Browning about actual weight of these guns, how much variation, etc?
Dongotto
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:29 am  Reply with quote

Gunflint, I have to know why 4 onces would stop you? Im not trying to be a smart A$$ I just can't really notice 4 onces myself.

KyBrad16ga
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:52 am  Reply with quote

gunflint charlie wrote:
16gaugeguy -- The Browning website now shows the BPS upland with 26" barrels with nominal weight of 7 lbs. I'd consider ordering one at 6-3/4 lbs., but this is a little more weight than I'd like. Do you have any inside info from Browning about actual weight of these guns, how much variation, etc?

Actually as reported by Randy Wakeman and others who saw and handled these guns at the 2007 SHOT show, that weight on the Browning website is incorrect.

Until these guns get into production runs, the Browning reps don't have a clue unless they were involved in the SHOT show. I wouldn't overreact to that posted weight at this point. Now if the production guns end up being on the heavy side, then you could have legitimate concerns, but it's too early right now.

KB
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:57 am  Reply with quote

Exactomundo KyBrad, let's not get our pantaloons all ballooned until we doth cast our orbs on what yon good fellows at Browning doth bringeth us, gentlemen. Besides, I did not design it, I just asked for it. Sheesh. Rolling Eyes
gunflint charlie
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:57 am  Reply with quote

The website originally showed Shot Show Special gun weight of about 7-1/2 lbs. Now they've changed this (at least for the straight stock upland version display I looked at) to 7 lbs.

Earlier info from Randy and maybe some others who handled the Shot Show guns estimated the weight at about 6-3/4 lbs -- about the same as the 20 ga. (I don't remember exactly and don't want to wade back through all these pages.) I was thinking about ordering, until seeing the website now shows 7 lbs instead of 7-1/2. Made me think this might now be accurate!

Dongotto - I wouldn't much notice 1/4 lb. difference. That's why I'm ok with 6-3/4 lbs. I really want 6-1/2 lbs.
Jeff Mulliken
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:15 pm  Reply with quote

4 oz is a LOT, if it's in the wrong place. Really well balanced guns feel real light and your shocked whn you put them on the scale......

I have two 1 1/2 frame Parker VHE's, both 28" PG's. You'd swear one weighed over 8 lbs and the other 6 1/2 lbs....on the scale they are exactly the same 6 lb 15 oz.

Jeff
rayb
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:21 pm  Reply with quote

My dealer called in response to my inquiry and said they'd order one just as soon as i brought them $555, cash, check or credit card...

hmmmmmm...............

any other dealers out there taking orders??

rayb

Wolfchief
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:46 pm  Reply with quote

yes rayb: Mine took my order in mid-January after I got back from Pheasant Fest in Des Moines. I stopped in there Friday afternoon and he told me I wouldn't be seeing it until at least March 31....I ordered a Hunter, 26" barrel, with pistol grip stock...

525field
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:03 am  Reply with quote

Not much of a fan of the pump, but I will get my order in next week. I guess Bil Hicks will carry them. sound's like a great badweather gun.
always could use another 16 Very Happy
pbalser
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:15 pm  Reply with quote

hello! I've been a lurker for a while. I'm a sxs 16 arrieta owner, and yet I've always loved pumps. thanks to all who pushed browning to do the 16 ga on a small frame. looked at the remington last yr in mane, and it was a BAT. ordered my 16 BPS today. fwiw - my dealer said that his rep was WORTHLESS. when I explained what I wanted, and that I was willing to wait, he understood, and promised to call directly.

nice to find other folks who choose to follow their passion, instead of the crowd.

pb
Equismith
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:23 am  Reply with quote

I'm now trying local dealers to see what happens. Has anyone gotten a solid price from their dealers besides the $555 list price?

I'm looking for the Hunter 28" model.

Miss Libby
Wolfchief
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:13 pm  Reply with quote

Equismith: I haven't really gotten a solid price yet, but I don't think it will be $555. My dealer usually can be reasoned with...

525field
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:41 am  Reply with quote

Put my order in today and was told by my dealer that they will not do this run again for two years have not gotten a firm price but the folks i do buss. with are great in that area they put a order in for two field 28" if you need one let me know and I will give you there number dont know when they will be in i guess around Aug or Sept
they also have a great looking cz in 16ga. doubble
Dennis