16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns Wanted or For Sale  ~  16ga NID on Gunbroker
txshootist
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:41 am  Reply with quote

What gives with this gun offered by Ed1? It looks original and untampered with. It doesn't have any evidence of the "torch". Seems like a great 16 in a desireable make to me. Comments?

Marc

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=64768951
IFL16's
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:26 am  Reply with quote

That gun may be sold. He's got it for sale on Guns America for 1250 and the auction ended early. This one was saved from the torch probably because of the original higher condition of the gun. I've also seen guns for sale from Ed with little or no case color. He's probably got different sources for his guns. Consignment guns like this one are not sent out for the torch and maybe he buys the torched ones directly from the old master torcher himself.

Larry

Last edited by IFL16's on Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
txshootist
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:46 am  Reply with quote

IFL16's wrote:
That gun may be sold. He's got it for sale on Guns America for 1250 and the auction ended early. This one was saved from the torch probably because of the original higher condition of the gun. I've also seen guns for sale from Ed with little or no case color. He's probably got different sources for his guns. Consignment guns like this one are not sent out for the torch and maybe he buys the torched ones directly from the old master torcher himself.

Larry

Thanks Larry,

I found the gun on GunsAmerica. Ed1 has had some good guns lately. Perhaps they are just too high for the average Joe. It seems like guns stay on the websites for a long time without any adjustment in price. Gunbroker auctions are re-listed over and over again with no reductions in price. Puzzling to me.

Marc
IFL16's
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:51 am  Reply with quote

And remember, his prices are not negotiable because his consigners have desires and he needs to make a modest profit. I wonder what he considers a modest profit? He originally had the gun listed for 1500 on 12/18. What a jerk, we need to stop buying guns from him until he just goes away.

Larry
britgun
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:52 am  Reply with quote

IFL16's wrote:
And remember, his prices are not negotiable because his consigners have desires and he needs to make a modest profit. I wonder what he considers a modest profit? He originally had the gun listed for 1500 on 12/18. What a jerk, we need to stop buying guns from him until he just goes away.

Larry

who IS this guy some of you keep refering to, what is he doing that is bogus, and how can I avoid his traps as I shop for 16's?

thanks,

Duncan

IFL16's
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:15 am  Reply with quote

Duncan, his name is Ed1, Ed Good, Grey Beard, or maybe just plain Ed in some of his ads. Here is an example of some of the work his "Master Gunsmith", Ed Lander, has performed: http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976813162.htm Log in and click on the 4th picture for a good close up of what to avoid. All those circles are where the propane torch has been held. Who knows what that kind of treatment has done to the metal. At any rate it is a cheap attempt to make an other wise worn out old gun look like it might be worth more then it really is. There should be a law against treating old classics that way. Decimation of historic relics or something like that.

Larry
britgun
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:04 pm  Reply with quote

IFL16's wrote:
Duncan, his name is Ed1, Ed Good, Grey Beard, or maybe just plain Ed in some of his ads. Here is an example of some of the work his "Master Gunsmith", Ed Lander, has performed: http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976813162.htm Log in and click on the 4th picture for a good close up of what to avoid. All those circles are where the propane torch has been held. Who knows what that kind of treatment has done to the metal. At any rate it is a cheap attempt to make an other wise worn out old gun look like it might be worth more then it really is. There should be a law against treating old classics that way. Decimation of historic relics or something like that.

Larry

Thank you Larry, I see what you mean, if there is a snake in the grass out there hawking buggered up guns, it's nice to know about it......

kind regds,

Duncan

berg
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:17 pm  Reply with quote

Here is another example of one of his, a professionally refinished 28 ga. Bayard on www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=64769018
berg
fred lauer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:08 pm  Reply with quote

I've been watching the "Master Gunsmith" reworks for some time and in a most distutbing turn of events,I saw some similar examples of "case color" at a local gun show on the tables of 2 different dealers.It is my sincere hope that no one buys them and the dealers get stuck with a loss in the long run. Otherwise, these missguided individuals will continue to deface the ever shrinking pool of classic shotguns.

twopipe
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:57 pm  Reply with quote

berg wrote:
Here is another example of one of his, a professionally refinished 28 ga. Bayard on www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=64769018
berg

Yes... but where else can you find such LOVELY colors????
Prussian Gun Guy
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:50 pm  Reply with quote

Sometimes, the more I get to know people, the more I like my dog. And that Rat Ba$@*#d Mutt ate my dinner while I was playing, er, I mean, uh, working my butt off on the computer. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

"There aint nothin' better than huntin' with a Setter"
britgun
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:04 pm  Reply with quote

Prussian Gun Guy wrote:
Sometimes, the more I get to know people, the more I like my dog. And that Rat Ba$@*#d Mutt ate my dinner while I was playing, er, I mean, uh, working my butt off on the computer. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

one of these guys has a quote that says something like never trust your dog to watch your food.....