16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Guns  ~  Stoeger Condor
Muleshoe
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:29 pm  Reply with quote

Anybody familiar with this gun?

http://www.stoegerindustries.com/firearms/condor.tpl
sprocket
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:31 pm  Reply with quote

about $900 at Dicks in my area - after that, nothing - try shotgunworld.com - there's a forum for stoegers (and just about everybody else too).
JJO
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:47 pm  Reply with quote

$900.00 Shocked which model was that? I bought the basic Condor for my son to use for his Highschool trap team. $299.00 at Dick's. I also have seen the competition model at Scheel's for $550. I have thought about getting one in 16 for myself but I was not sure if the I/C and Mod chokes would be right for me.

As for the gun, for the price I think it is good. We have not had any problems with ours. The basic model does not have a barrel selector. Bottom barrel fired first then the upper. It hasn't failed us in the year and a half of trap and hunting. I beleive the Condor Supreme does have a barrel selector. Also the choke tubes are the common Win/Invector style, except of course the 16 ga which has fixed chokes.
sprocket
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:35 pm  Reply with quote

OK - I may be confusing it with another make/model - how's $900 sound for a Beretta pigeon grade somethingsomething?

I haven't actually handled any of these makes/models as the staff seem to be busy putting out the fishing supplies for March's impending parades to the trout shores...
hoashooter
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:04 pm  Reply with quote

I bought a Condor I when first being interested in skeet-----Before retirement it shot 10,000 plus rounds without a problem----Be aware that those barrels quickly rust inside if left unattended Wink
berg
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:16 pm  Reply with quote

If it fits you go for it. From everything I've heard about them, they are not a bad gun. Of course they are not as nicely finished as a gun selling at many times the price, but they are a pretty reliable gun that you don't need to worry about getting beat up out in the field.
I've shot a couple of them, one belonging to a buddy of my cousin who came out to NE pheasant hunting, and one which my brother bought after he shot that one. My brother liked the way the gun fit him better than several other ou's that he had tried. I could shoot them okay, but the fit was much better for my brother.
I've really only heard a couple of what I consider valid complaints about them, (I don't count someone who has never handled one calling it a cheap piece of imported junk as being a valid complaint). I've heard hoashooter's warning about rust repeated by more than a couple of people that own them, and I've read of a few instances where the gun quit functioning after just a short time because it had quite a bit of crud left in it at assembly, a thorough cleaning took care of them.

berg
Muleshoe
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:07 am  Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses. I still haven't made up my mind. It seems that I have an easier time deciding on a new car!