16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. General Discussion  ~  FN vs Browning
jig
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:03 am  Reply with quote

No worries - i pretty much understood what you were saying before.
I will own a citori superlight in 16GA one day too. I just got one in 12GA and its not a boat oar either. Its got 26"bbls and is really pretty handy.I havent weighed it yet, but I will be shocked if its more than 7Lbs, it feels like 6.7LBS or so. I can't wait to get more familiar with it, then report. What I've found is that used superlight 16's are hard to find around these parts. And, I agree with you to certain extent about internet shopping for good guns. I like to handle them, touch them and see for sure what I'm spending my money on. There are a lot of very good used citoris out there that folks bought, but didnt shoot much. 16's though are usually owned by folks who shoot a lot and also don't sell the stars of their cabinet either. i love the citoris cuz they are worry free and I can feed them whatever I see fit. They are not fragile. There is a certain beauty in that, just wished they could bring them off the line to feel and balance like the superposed lightning.
Wonder why they can't with all the high technology?

One day I will run into one though and the timing and all will be right.
I hate it when I run into guns with all being great except my budget. I ran into such a superposed lightning a few weeks ago. Excellent specimen in great shape for 1250!! I wasnt ready though. Plus, I'd just bought the Superlight 12GA and the GTS within a couple weeks of each other.
16gaugeguy
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:17 pm  Reply with quote

Don't bypass a 16 ga. Lightning for a superlight model. Drop to comb and heel are identical as is LOP on all of them. I shoot either about the same. I just got my own 16 ga. Superlight not too long ago, after looking for one for a long while. I would hate to think of all the joy I'd have missed if I'd not gotten my Lightning first. the weight, balance, and feel are pretty much the same. you can always hold out for the Superlight after you get a Lightning.

Jig, if you have to, sell one of your lesser used guns for a 16 Citori before they go bye-bye and the prices zoom out of sight. It's going to happen. We just do not know when.

One other point. The longer you wait, the higher the prices will be. I have never seen them go down since 1989, the year regular production ceased. It dipped for a couple of years and then went straight up for a good clean used one as folks discovered just how special a 16 ga. Citori really is. So Bill Hicks capitalized on this and brought them back through special order and a big price increase. Smart man. Since then, they just keep going up year after year. There is a reason. Nothing comparable in 16 ga. O/U guns even comes close for price vs quality, handling, ruggedness, function, and versitility. some guns might beat a Citori 16 on one point, but not all points. It is just special. Own one and see.