16ga.com Forum Index
<  16ga. Ammunition & Reloading  ~  Which hulls?
mkrporte
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:27 am  Reply with quote

O.k., so I bought 5 boxes of Federal 1 1/8 oz. 7.5's. Shot 4 boxes on Saturday. I've got a MEC 650 coming this week. I need to start reloading for the 16. In your experience, is the Federal Hull a good one? I've got some wads ordered from Ballistic Products, they are 7/8 to 1 oz. wads. Will they work good in the Federal hulls that I have? I've loaded 20's with a PW progressive, and 12's with a single stage RCBS...but I'm new to the 16 gauge reloading scene. Thanks for your input. Rich Rolling Eyes

Captain_Billy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:10 pm  Reply with quote

Rich
I use Federal hulls all the time and have for a longtime. I get good performance and have a bunch of loads for different purposes. Hulls for us 16 ga. nuts are limited compared to the other gauges these days and the Federals are one of the better ones.
As to the wads you purchased not knowing what they are I can't help you. 7/8 and 1 oz. wads covers a lot of territory. I'm sure like the rest of us you load from some recipe so check your recipes for Federals and see if it calls out what you have puchased. Loading 16's is no different than any other gauge. You follow the recipe and perform all of the operations in a workwise and safe manner at all times. Always remember that if you have any questions this is the place to get answers because theres plenty of experienced hands here who will help you out. Some of the shotgun forums on the net are filled with guys who are to busy blowing there own horn,ridiculing others and posting about politics. You might want to get into the 16 LPG. I would strongly recommend our group because of the info you will have access to and its ALL 16 GA!!!!! Smile